Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: USB Modem and Windows 8

Default USB Modem and Windows 8

Hi

When I'm trying to connect Iburst on my laptop with windows 8 64bit and a usb modem, I get the following error:

The remote connection was denied because the user name and password combination you provided is not recognized, or the selected authentication protocol is not permitted on the remote access server.

I don't think it's the user name and password, since I checked it allot. Also, it connects when I use my desktop modem. I installed the dashboard v2 and the usb user terminal windows 8 64 bit, both from iburst website.
    I tried the laptop drivers but it won't install since there is only 32bit drivers.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by fliflafla View Post
    Hi

When I'm trying to connect Iburst on my laptop with windows 8 64bit and a usb modem, I get the following error:

The remote connection was denied because the user name and password combination you provided is not recognized, or the selected authentication protocol is not permitted on the remote access server.

I don't think it's the user name and password, since I checked it allot. Also, it connects when I use my desktop modem. I installed the dashboard v2 and the usb user terminal windows 8 64 bit, both from iburst website.
    I tried the laptop drivers but it won't install since there is only 32bit drivers.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
    The dashboard doesn't play nicely post XP and the laptop driver would not work anyway because the USB modem is different to the laptop modem. I have Windows 7 on my laptop on got the following working via this:
    1. Unplug the USB modem. Uninstall dashboard and the terminal driver. Then, restart the computer.
    2. Download and install this driver. Restart the computer after the installation.
    3. Once the computer has booted back into the OS, plug in the modem and set up a new broadband connection. If you don't know how to do this, then continue reading

Setting up a new broadband connection:
    Open the Control Panel > Networking and Sharing Center > Within the pane Change your networking settings click Setup a new connection or network > Choose Connect to the Internet and click the Next Button.

1. Choose the second Option (Connect using DSL or cable that requires a user name and password) as in attachment 1.
    2. Type the Username and Password given by iBurst. Click the Connect button and finally, the Apply button as in attachment 2.
    3. If the Internet Connectivity test was unsuccessful as in attachment 3, verify your username and password is correct by trying to log onto the iBurst website.

Beyond that, if it doesn't work, your best bet is to contact iBurst.
    Attached Images    

Hey Fliflafla,

Have you suceeded to get the USB modem connected with your Windows 8?