Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Problems with MWEB Uncapped Pro Web Hosting

Exclamation Problems with MWEB Uncapped Pro Web Hosting

Hey folks, especially the MWEB rep, if there is a rep here.

I am in need of some help WRT my MWEB Uncapped Pro web hosting that I purchased 4 days ago.

1st, the domain isn't going to my website if I use the www in front, so if I enter www.hausoflestrange.co.za, it takes me to the Enkompass page which says: This is the Default Web page installed by Enkompass.

It only works when I go to hausoflestrange.co.za - I used Manage Website Self Build to test, and that worked without the www.

2nd, I tried installing WordPress, which I want to use, and it gives me the option to install using the www. or without the www. - and each time that I try I receive the following error:

! A test of the selected domain has failed (HTTP error: 404).

Installatron Plugin is unable to install on a domain that is not resolving/loading to this web account.

If this is a new web hosting account, or if this is a newly registered domain, please allow up to 24 hours for the domain to begin working (though usually within a few hours).

If you're sure that the domain is correctly loading to your web account, contact your web hosting administrator.

Technical Error: [1] Written file `\WebContent\Users\cPanel\m0397830\public_html\hmm 8\deleteme.pv4jnoyq.php' not accessible at `http://www.hmm8.hausoflestrange.co.z...e.pv4jnoyq.php'.
    2013-03-14T18:18:45+00:00 FAILURE [3; C:\Program Files (x86)\Installatron\lib\curl.exe] http://www.hmm8.hausoflestrange.co.z...e.pv4jnoyq.php [http code=404. Request: C:\Program Files (x86)\Installatron\Data\tmp/fetch_query_69b190c424290da35dbb48283055bbe9.part; Headers: C:\Program Files (x86)\Installatron\Data\tmp/fetch_query_69b190c424290da35dbb48283055bbe9.heade rs]
    As you can see, I used the Installatron to try to install it. I have tried with a directory, and without a directory, still no luck.

I have emailed MWEB, but have only received the auto reply email. Case number: CAS-1816542-4L5FJQ

Your help will be greatly appreciated, as I need this website up and running by the start of April.

Cheers,
    Nick
    Last edited by NickLeStrange; 14-03-2013 at 08:29 PM.
    A witty saying proves nothing. ~ Voltaire
    I was SlickNick.
    Come visit on IRC.

Quote Originally Posted by NickLeStrange View Post

I am in need of some help WRT my MWEB Uncapped Pro web hosting that I purchased 4 days ago.

1st, the domain isn't going to my website if I use the www in front, so if I enter www.hausoflestrange.co.za, it takes me to the Enkompass page which says: This is the Default Web page installed by Enkompass.

It only works when I go to hausoflestrange.co.za - I used Manage Website Self Build to test, and that worked without the www.

2nd, I tried installing WordPress, which I want to use, and it gives me the option to install using the www. or without the www. - and each time that I try I receive the following error:

As you can see, I used the Installatron to try to install it. I have tried with a directory, and without a directory, still no luck.

I have emailed MWEB, but have only received the auto reply email. Case number: CAS-1816542-4L5FJQ

Your help will be greatly appreciated, as I need this website up and running by the start of April.

Cheers,
    Nick
    Hi Nick

I will definitely have the guys look into this from our side. PM me the MWEB email address as well as the email address you sent the mail to and from which email you sent the mail from.

I will have them contact you in the morning and assist you further.

Edit: Sent.

Thanks a bunch!
    Last edited by NickLeStrange; 14-03-2013 at 09:18 PM.
    I was SlickNick.
    Come visit on IRC.

Thanks again MWEB Guy, got a reply from a tech support agent who has escalated it to the domain folks.

Cheers,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by MWEB Guy View Post
    Hi Nick

I will definitely have the guys look into this from our side. PM me the MWEB email address as well as the email address you sent the mail to and from which email you sent the mail from.

I will have them contact you in the morning and assist you further.
    I was SlickNick.
    Come visit on IRC.

Hello Nick,

Have tried many local hosting companies, yet everytime I seem to be dissapointed. You should rather look at an international hosting company who knows what they are doing.

I use ixwebhosting.com (yet there are many others), for R60.00 per month I get unlimited domains, unlimited online space (No cap on hosting size) unlimited email addresses, unlimited SQL and MySql databases. I also did not mention that this is Windows Hosting therefore I can use ASP and MVC. Their linux hosting is far better priced (about a quarter of the cost, yet all is still unlimited). Included in their pro packages are several dedicated IP addresses which makes configuring OS commerce so easy, as well as pointing local co.za domains in the right direction.

There is no local Web hosting company that can offer you the same value for money. The service from these overseas hosting companies far exceeds our local companies as well. Any ticket that I have submitted has not taken them longer than 5 minutes to answer and resolve as well.

I also should mention that I have unlimited bandwidth to all of my websites as well. It is my personal feeling that we are paying far too much money for a poorly delivered service from our local web hosting companies.

Hi all. This is something similar so I hope nobody minds me posting this here.
    I recently signed up for mweb website hosting package and received my cpanel login details, however I am unable to logon via FTP to upload my website. Does anybody perhaps know what combination of username and password to use for this?
    My username is i.e. 12345678 but when I log in on the cpanel I have to use c2345678 as a username and not 12345678. I've tried this username and password but Im still not able to FTP into my site...
    Thanks,

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by AndreKotze View Post
    Hi all. This is something similar so I hope nobody minds me posting this here.
    I recently signed up for mweb website hosting package and received my cpanel login details, however I am unable to logon via FTP to upload my website. Does anybody perhaps know what combination of username and password to use for this?
    My username is i.e. 12345678 but when I log in on the cpanel I have to use c2345678 as a username and not 12345678. I've tried this username and password but Im still not able to FTP into my site...
    Thanks,
    If I remember correctly, from my Mweb hosting thingy, your ftp username and password should appear on the cpanel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

Quote Originally Posted by froot View Post
    If I remember correctly, from my Mweb hosting thingy, your ftp username and password should appear on the cpanel.
    Yes under the "FTP Users" section it shows the default user as "c2345678" however Im not able to log in using that username and my password. I logged a ticket with Mweb Premier, but they'll only be able to have a look at it tomorrow as most of the tech people "are on leave today"...

Have you tried c2345678@mweb.co.za? Silly suggestion, but worth a try.
    I was SlickNick.
    Come visit on IRC.

Have you tried c2345678@mweb.co.za? Silly suggestion, but worth a try.
    Yip tried that as well, also tried 12345678@mweb.co.za. I pretty much tried all the combinations of details that they've given me so far...

Yip tried that as well, also tried 12345678@mweb.co.za. I pretty much tried all the combinations of details that they've given me so far...
    I have two suggestions but the first one is kind of obvious but just covering all the bases.

1. Try typing in your username and password instead of copy and pasting. You tend to copy a white space after your password, and since you cant see what you're pasting you wont notice it.

2. Try the following username for ftp -> yourdomainnamehere.co.za|yourusernamehere

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Proxy View Post
    2. Try the following username for ftp -> yourdomainnamehere.co.za|yourusernamehere
    Thanks for this. Only after speaking to a senior tech was I told that my username needs to be in this format...

Cheers,

Nick
    Hi,
    I don't know if you are sorted, but i found my DB name to be case sensitive ie. CLDBHOST_M864112x instead of small letters ^

Hope it helps

Thanks for this. Only after speaking to a senior tech was I told that my username needs to be in this format...
    Hi

If you still having trouble, drop me a PM with your account info and I'll get someone to look into it for you.