Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Vodafone K3772-Z Modem Firmware

Default Vodafone K3772-Z Modem Firmware

This piece of rubbish Vodafone modem has not worked properly since I got it so I have been using my MTN modems most of the time.

Does anybody here know what the ZTE model number is for this modem and is there a link somewhere whereby I can flash new firmware onto this modem?

I don't think there is a firmware update for this modem. You can only get the latest Vodafone Mobile Broadband Software from Vodacom's website.

I tried using ZTE's software and that didn't work for me.

Thanks, do you know what ZTE model number this "K3772-Z" is.....maybe I can search for firmware if I know the ZTE number.

Those K3772-Z modems are the cheapest modems sold. I've got one as well (free with my upgrade) and I hardly use it. I still use my old modem from 2 year ago. Next time I'm going to ask for a decent modem with my upgrade.
    Keith and the Girl - the BEST podcast on the net!

You think they will give you a decent modem?

What they will do, is tell how much you need to pay in to get a decent modem, so that you can effectively use the service they are selling to you.
    Good coffee should be, black like the Devil, hot like Hell, and sweet as a Kiss - Hungarian Proverb.

It is similar to the K3565-Z. The model number is K3772-Z, the Z denotes a ZTE model. You can try looking on some Indian sites for updated firmware. Mostly this would only be updated drivers and a custom dialer. You can also burn your own custom ISO to the modem with only the drivers you need and dialer software. ZTE uses Join Air as their dialer, not very nice. Lastly you will have a smoother experience by plugging that modem into a linux wireless router and forgetting about it.

Quote Originally Posted by elf_lord_ZC5 View Post

What they will do, is tell how much you need to pay in to get a decent modem, so that you can effectively use the service they are selling to you.
    If I request a decent modem, then yes, I can get one. Even if I have to pay in a small fee as well. It's like getting a phone....want a decently phone, then you pay in extra for that phone.

Quote Originally Posted by elf_lord_ZC5 View Post

If I request a decent modem, then yes, I can get one. Even if I have to pay in a small fee as well. It's like getting a phone....want a decently phone, then you pay in extra for that phone.