Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 126 FirstFirst 123 45671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Books, Books, Books

best read previous bought books. Death Gate Cycle,

i would say on this nice reading style with very good plots and twists if you like some fantasy reads that include the odd elf and dwarf - now that story gripped me through all 7 books

i just couldn't put it down i had to read like crazy person...(i think i am allready past crazy however )

reader link
    amazon
    From Library Journal
    An assassin and the royal child he has been hired to kill form an unlikely and unstable alliance as the plots of human sorcerers, elven pirates, and dwarf revolutionaries threaten to overwhelm the airborne kingdoms of Arianus. Long-time collaborators Weis and Hickman ("The Darksword" trilogy; "The Rose of the Prophet" trilogy) have embarked on their most ambitious project to date in this first of a projected seven-volume cycle. The authors' combined talents for innovative world-building and sympathetic characterizations find ample outlet in this epic fantasy. Recommended for most libraries.
    Copyright 1989 Reed Business Information, Inc. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

Book Description
    Preeminent storytellers Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman have redefined epic fantasy. Since the publication of their Dragonlance series, millions of readers have enjoyed their imaginative world-building, rich characterization, and intricate storylines. Now these bestsellingauthors bring their talents to one of the most innovative fantasy creations ever in Dragon Wing, the first volume in The Death Gate Cycle.
    Last edited by Necuno; 02-04-2008 at 09:49 PM.
    Disclaimer: The use of my free time precludes any reproach.
    Latest: The peanut gallery has you.

I also LOVED the book Chocolat.
    domaincheap.co.za
    Only one of these adds to your value as a human being: Consuming things other people have made or making your own.
    link

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    You ate the book?

I woulda thought TinTin was more up your alley *teraside Smilie infringement*
    Financial Advisor with Old Mutual.
    PM a Brother for Financial Wealth, Funeral and Life Cover.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment.

Anyways... back on topic... A Short History of Nearly Everyting: Bill Bryson. Read it about four or five years ago, as it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by xrapidx View Post
    I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment. I am not going to comment.
    Disclaimer: The use of my free time precludes any reproach.
    Latest: The peanut gallery has you.

any robert Kiyosaki book, or any book by robert g allen

Anything by Terry Pratchett or Raymond Feist
    "The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."
    Winston Churchill

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by hashbrown99 View Post
    Terry Pratchett
    Where can I find where his books start? i.e. first one, second one, etc.

'The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws', Tacitus | http://www.flickr.com/photos/milano2001

Here's one of a few I found. It excludes his "children's books". My favorites are the ones with the witches and the city guard

Happy reading
    http://www.terrypratchettbooks.com/c...=2;t=005130;p=
    "The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."
    Winston Churchill

The road to reality - Roger Penrose?
    Procrastination is like masturbation. It may feel good at first, but when you look at the task at hand, you're actually screwing yourself.

Wilbur Smith's 'Egyptian' Series ... already read 'River God' and 'The Seventh Scroll' .... very good.
    : Inspired to violence by majesty :
    - Die Toten König -

William Gibson's "Neuromancer"
    "In fact, the weirdest thing just happened - I broke wind, and as a result felt so dizzy I nearly fell from my chair. That cannot be normal." -Copacetic

Blog Entries

Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy ... don't let the movie put you off the books.

Anything by Clive Barker (especially Weaveworld)

The Catcher in the Rye should be read by everyone before they die.

The Dark Tower series by Stephen King.

Page 3 of 126 FirstFirst 123 45671353103 ... LastLast