Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rapidshare

Default Rapidshare

As we all know, if one is on the iBurst network and one does not have a premium Rapidshare account, one cannot download shared files. And this seems to be due to iBurst's proxy setting, that "cannot be changed" .

I am currently on the MTN network at the office and am happily downloading a a rapidhsare file which I was never able to do over the holidays at home on the iBurst network.

I am begining to think, that the Rapidshare problem is not "a proxy problem" but is a deliberate policy by iBurst to curb excessive downloading - similar to them shaping the p2p network. However, nowhere in my (overpriced) contract does it state that some of my HTTP traffic will also be blocked.

Please, iBurst, do not censor your paying customers from accessing content.

Kind Regards,
    Concerned

Grandmaster

There was a post about this some time ago. Shaun has stated that it is specifically an iBurst proxy issue. He even offered to unblock the proxy for the rapidshare IP's.

The problem came about in the fact that it is pretty much impossible to determine the IP's that rapidshare uses. I tried to contact their support, but recieved no reply, as they are obviously uninterested in giving this information out. They would much rather sell premium accounts

If you do manage to obtain this information (Shaun said that he specifically needed the IPs. DNS names will not do) just forward it along to me and I will get in touch with Shaun to resolve the issue.

Grandmaster

RapidShare works fine from Cape Town so I doubt that iBurst are blocking it, more than likely it is that jhb proxy.

Grandmaster

EDIT: back when Shaun was looking into it RS was .de, now that their drives are full it is mostly rapidshare.com so maybe Shaun should take another look at it.

I'm in JHB and mine works from time to time.

Grandmaster

Well that is the problem that it is only from time to time. Though, with the multiple terabytes avaliable on rapidshare, it is actually sometimes just easier to go out and get a premium account. It ends up being quite cheap...

Super Grandmaster

What is there to download off rapidshare?
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

Grandmaster

Fudzy, lots of stuff:

Movies, games, music, software. I monitor a number of forums which exist nearly solely for the purpose of posting links to filesharing sites such as rapidshare and megaupload.

The amount of stuf on rapidshare is actually amazing, the speeds are very good, and the content can only be riavaled by torrents, but the advantage of rapdishare is obviously that there is no shaping. Last week, i managed to get 4GB off rapidshare down in under 3 hours on a normal 4mb ADSL line.

Grandmaster

As mic_y said, "lots of stuff" in fact I'd say 99% of my downloading comes through RS and as such I have a premium account with them well worth the extra $$.

Fudzy, have a look here to get an idea of some of the available things to download: http://rapidshared.org/
    Last edited by MrH; 25-01-2007 at 12:38 PM.

I'm in Jozie and I can assure that there is NO problem with my RS. (.com & .de)

Grandmaster

Hi getting myself a rapidshare account was the best decision I made, believe me it's worth the price especially with iburst.
    do you have 2 tablets ???
    im far better than you
    mponya

Super Grandmaster

A rapidshare premium account is indispensible, especially if you have 4MB/s uncapped (Although I also had in on Iburst G9)...
    Only barriers are

a) Rapidshare limit your downloads to 5GB a day (on a rolling 5 day baiss),
    b) Finding the time to actually enjoy the content you've downloaded.
    c) Having sufficient hard drive capacity.

TIP: To find content on Rapidhsare, Google "rapidshare.com/files/" plus the search term you're interested in. Seldom fails.

A little of the topic.

I am currenly working in Sweden, have a rapidshare.com and .de account todo all my downloads, and it works wonders, got a 4MB line in the hotel for free no cap or anything. So I tend to use up my Rapidshare allowance very quickly. All torrents and P2P are getting blocked. Which is unfortunate.

Girlfriend is using my IBurst connection at home for webcam and chatting purposes. But that sucks. Cap gets used up so quickly just by using a webcam. If you dont get a 100% signal quality then you might as well not even make a voice call over Windows Live Messenger.

Super Grandmaster

Rapidshare works without the premium account in Cape town too btw.

O/T : I dont have nearly 100% signal and I can make decent MSN Voicecalls. But best leave it till late at night, day time I can see it being terrible.

Super Grandmaster

How do you pay? Credit card? Aren't you worried that if they go get busted they're have credit card records & content of what you downloaded?
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast