Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: How do i buy a MTN data bundle?

Default How do i buy a MTN data bundle?

Sorry is this question was answerded already, but How do i buy a MTN data bundle?

Thanks
    Flame

Hi
    If you are on contract you need to call your respective Service Provider to load it. If you are on prepaid then simply dial 141 and select the option on the IVR for the data bundles.

Look here for a list of pricing, this applies to contract and prepaid:
    http://www.mtn.co.za/?pid=248769

Regards
    DD
    “Rather be successful than victorious because in victory it means there was defeat &suffering,but in success it means failure was prevented &obstacles overcome”

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    Sorry is this question was answerded already, but How do i buy a MTN data bundle?

Thanks
    Flame
    ...or alternatively if ure with Mtel Pm me, il have one of my agents load the bundle for you, www.mtnsp.co.za check under taiff plans and decide which bundle would be better suited to your needs
    Avada Kedavra!

thx im with nashua, will call them then. What is the cheapest package? i Need about 100mb only to update my phone software...\

thx
    Flame

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    thx im with nashua, will call them then. What is the cheapest package? i Need about 100mb only to update my phone software...\

thx
    Flame
    Sure, dial 0860412412, if you need 100mb, get the 100mb bundle fo R100.00, just be advised that the po rata gets allocaed in accordance with your invoice date ie if you load one today and your invoice date is 21st you will get 2 days worth of a 100 mb bundle.
    Avada Kedavra!

Hi Snakepit

Little correction there, the 100MB is actually R80. Been reduced for a while nlow.

Regards
    DD
    “Rather be successful than victorious because in victory it means there was defeat &suffering,but in success it means failure was prevented &obstacles overcome”

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Data View Post
    Hi Snakepit

Little correction there, the 100MB is actually R80. Been reduced for a while nlow.

Regards
    DD
    Ah true that, im living in the past,i stand corrected, even better!
    Avada Kedavra!

Hi
    What is real. How do you define real? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain. This is the world that you know......lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Data View Post
    Hi
    What is real. How do you define real? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain. This is the world that you know......lol
    dude ure such a wierdo
    Avada Kedavra!

ok, another question, why, and i ask this with tears in my blood red eyes, does i download via vodacom only at 4kb , with the "E" showing, and with mtn with "E" also showing at 25-30kb?

Thanks
    Flame

Hi
    The E indicates that you are connected to the EDGE network capable of speeds up to 236kbps. Thats 236 kilo bits per sec. Converted to Kb (kilo bytes) that is roughly about 29Kb per sec.

So I am assuming the speed you getting on MTN that you quoted is in Kb(kilo bytes) and not kb(kilo bits)

As for VC giving you such a slow speed on EDGE, I think you should ask the VC rep in the VC forum.

Regards
    DD