Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast

Thread: Applications & tools to Monitor Bandwidth Data Transfer Usage

Grandmaster

Default Updated links

Netmeter

Magitime

Netlimiter Monitor only

Data Useage sms MM to 31050 For contract users.

Data Useage sms balance to 100 For prepaid users.

Question Usage

Is there a software application (preferably user friendly !) that can monitor internet usage.

My Web usage has skyrocketed in the last month.

I leave my 3G novatel card in my laptop on the whole time.

Thx

Vodacom Representative

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzee View Post
    Is there a software application (preferably user friendly !) that can monitor internet usage.

My Web usage has skyrocketed in the last month.

I leave my 3G novatel card in my laptop on the whole time.

Thx
    Quite a few. My fav is Netlimiter as it shows you usage per application, so you can see which app is chowing your data.

Also DUMeter for constant monitoring.

I use both Net Monitor,to see which applications chow bandwidth,and DU to measure usage only

Didnt read everythign as this is such a long thread, but does anyone know of a usage meter that is suitable for the linksys router? it resets its counter every time you disconnect and (I assume) having several machines linked to the router (none of which are connected all the time) means that installing a "counter" on any one machine wont help.
    Any advice greatfully received.

@bosun: If nobody else has any better suggestions you might be able to do something with a program called routerstats. You can 'train' it to collect data at regular intervals from any of the router's menus and either graph it or write it to a file if I remember correctly. You should then be able to compile the data into a suitable form. It runs in the background and is compatible with most routers. The idea would be to sample the router's counter on one machine continuously and then identify the combined usage each day and sum these accordingly. The machine doing the sampling would need to be operating shortly before any router reset though.

http://www.vwlowen.co.uk/internet/files.htm

G,You will be interested to know that your application works perfectly with the Hauwei E630 .

Netmeter and Dumeter are great apps. For some reason though I can't seem to get Netmeter to work on my Vista notebook. Anyone else had and solved this problem?

Default NetPerSec

Quote Originally Posted by Antonf View Post
    Are there any reliable, accurate traffic meters available? Netmeter and DU Meter are as inaccurate as VMC's dashboard, on my notebook in any case!
    NetPerSec http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1735,00.asp

My DUmeter stopped after 30 days and says 'Pleaes get DU meter license if you eish to continue to use it'

How are all of yours freeware?

What about IQonn, not only monitors stats, but battery level, signal strength and controls all online connections like WiFI too. It is a connection manager that lets you travel and automatically detect and use different hardware and different cell companies.

I'm new to 3G and to this forum and found alot of reliable info here. I downloaded Netlimeter. Works perfect. Better than the dashboard that installs with VMC Lite.

These guys are really clued up around here.

Thanks for the help and tips.
    Last edited by RazedInBlack; 04-09-2008 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PythonFSi View Post
    I'm new to 3G and to this forum and found alot of reliable info here. I downloaded Netlimeter. Works perfect better the dashboard that installs with
    VMC Lite.

These guys are really clued up around here.

Thanks for the help and tips.
    If your device is supported you should check out the MDMA tool (sticky in the MTN forum) as well
    62.15% of South Africans voted in favour of the Nkandla compound and e-tolls.

We choose the thieves and the liars who will govern
    As they don their disguises and prey on the prizes we bought them
    And we'll say that we didn't know
    We'll be know as the wicked, the lazy, the crazy, the people that choose to be blind

Quote Originally Posted by Csnoopy View Post
    Netmeter

Magitime

Netlimiter Monitor only

Data Useage sms MM to 31050 For contract users.

Data Useage sms balance to 100 For prepaid users.
    You can register the cell no. of the sim on vodacom4me and use that to check your available balance as well.

Does VodaManage not provide this service? I think it is R7.50 per month

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast