Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: WiMax Router

Default WiMax Router

Hi

I found the IP address of the CPE 192.168.254.251 but don't have a login? Does anyone know how to get on to these routers to enable SNMP and what not ;-) ?

Hi

Sorry, can't help you. But when you've figured it out, please let us know. They came to install the WiMax equipment at my house yesterday. But i don't have a clue how to configure it or what to do next.

Also does anybody know if it is possible to use an existing adsl account?

cheers!

yes use any ADSL account on that line. Its a standard PPPOE connection if you have a broadband router it can share the connection for you.

Cool Thanks.

I've got a netgear adsl wireless router. So can i just plug the ethernet cable that comes out of the wimax modem thing into that? And can I then just configure the connection as I used to do with a normal adsl connection?

Cheers

no must be a broadband router with an normal ethernet on the WAN. not RJ11 tlelphone plug.

oh no,

Ok, so say i don't have a broadband router. Just a pc and the wimax equipment installed and the ethernet cable plugged into the pc. How do i configure the connection, using my existing adsl account?
    Last edited by georg2k; 04-09-2007 at 12:58 PM.

Took me ages to find out.... it's username, and password, is 'installer'. Does anyone know how to put scripts onto Telkom's ADSL 5102G router?

Dovi

Thanks Dovi,

Do you connect to the wimax thingy, through internet explorer like you do with a netgear adsl router? If so what is the IP address, is it 192.168.0.1 ?

Cheers
    Last edited by georg2k; 04-09-2007 at 04:16 PM.

To get the ip adress, go to start>run>cmd>ipconfig, look at default gateway
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Jesus loves you as you are, not as you should be.

|GeckoStretchTents|DomainCheap|I <3 Loot|

thanks, i think i did try that last night but the default gateway was blank.
    I didn't have much time to spend on it so i probably just missed something or did something stupid. Will give it another bash tonight.

cheers
    Last edited by georg2k; 04-09-2007 at 05:55 PM.

Telkom or Mweb or IS?

Telkom and i've got the Alvarion wimax equipment(modem thingy and antenna thing)

Mweb is also Alvarion. You do connect through Internet explorer, just type the ip in the address bar. It's ip is 192.168.254.251, and it seems, with me at least, that you have to manually configure, it doesn't have dhcp. My subnet mask is 255.255.255.0. The firmware interface is really shoddy, I hope there's an upgrade by the time it becomes commercial. Good luck!

Thanks for the help dovij,

I got in, but now i don't know where to configure the username and password.

Quote Originally Posted by teraside View Post
    To get the ip adress, go to start>run>cmd>ipconfig, look at default gateway
    no that will not work. The router provides a PPPOE bridge it doesn´t talk IP to the client.

The IP of the router is 192.168.254.251 subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    so make your network 192.168.254.250 with the mask 255.255.255.0 for example.

Then open 192.168.254.251 in your internet browser. I hear the username and password is installer see post above, I´m in JHB so will try when i get back.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast