Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Telkom Usage Tracker

Default New Telkom Usage Tracker

So the new Telkom Usage tracker is up and running, has some very interesting changes. To be honest I only checked the site today and since I hardly go to this page it may have been up for a while. Anyway I can't find any threads on the new tracker so just thought I'd make one .

Link: https://secure.telkomsa.net/titracker/

Edit: Below is a quote from the page:

Please note: Local Bandwidth is in a testing phase and more details will be communicated at a later stage.

Please ignore usage that accruse on the Local Bandwidth tracking tool and will have no impact on your original blended threshold purchased.
    Last edited by Scorpion; 19-11-2007 at 01:51 PM.

Hmmm. And did you see this comment at the bottom:

Please note: Local Bandwidth is in a testing phase and more details will be communicated at a later stage.

Please ignore usage that accruse on the Local Bandwidth tracking tool and will have no impact on your original blended threshold purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by proff View Post

I'm reading that as local is free until such time they let us know and that it wont effect our purchase of accounts as yet.

Am I correct?

J

Quote Originally Posted by proff View Post

Yeah, just added it as an edit to my original post (and then yours popped up at the same time).

"original blended threshold" are the interesting words here.

My Local bandwidth stats are showing 0 for all values. Does anyone have any stats in their local bandwidth section?

The "Blended Current Active Sessions" also seems to update quite regularly. When I hit refresh, new updated stats were being displayed (That was in a time frame of less than 20 mins).
    Last edited by Scorpion; 19-11-2007 at 02:10 PM.

So is local currently free ?

Another interesting link on the new "TelkomInternet DSL TopUp" feature.

Blended Shaped = R64.76 incl. VAT per gig

Does not require you to get a new account. You simply TopUp your current account.

https://secure.telkomsa.net/topup//i...ation-Page.pdf

(Note: This is a PDF file)

WTF?
    TITracker?

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by neio View Post
    WTF?
    TITracker?
    ROTFL

Should there not be a apostrophe somewhere?
    Everyone's first vi session. ^C^C^X^X^X^XquitqQ!qdammit[esc]qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;:xwhat

Quote Originally Posted by neio View Post
    WTF?
    TITracker?
    ha ha TITracker nice one (I missed it at first )

I suppose we take our chances with local at the moment.

"Your ISP 4 Life"
    SouthBit Data Recovery - www.southbit.co.za
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap PC parts
    Quote Originally Posted by cableguy View Post
    Each account is allocated to only 1 x user.

My local stats are also showing zero.

Default unreal...

guys, i think theres somethin fishy goin on there...
    i usually used the old tracker at: http://secure.telkomsa.net.
    then,about a week or two ago, they said it wasnt working and that we should use : http://userstats.adsl.saix.net for the time being.
    now, when i checked my usage on the latter address, its showing me that ive used about 1gb. but now when i check the one posted here ( which is the former secure.telkomsa.net address), its only showing that i used some 526Mb this month under blended total usage for november.
    now which of these is true? since i have the telkom do1 and usually get capped right at 1gb, and now that i'm not capped yet, i'm thinkin these *******s screwed up somewhere. so effectively, i may just get to use another 500Mb or so. lol...
    anyway, lets wait and see if theres any change by tomorrow.
    has anyone else had similar experiences?
    id advise you to check your usage on : http://userstats.adsl.saix.net too...just in case.

check this out: this is what i just got from their site(my usage for this month):

Monthly Graph: 01-Nov-2007 to 30-Nov-2007 for " ..... "
    Blended
    Downloaded : 715.7386 MB
    Uploaded : 189.615 MB
    Total Bandwidth used : 905.3536 MB
    Total Usage for November : 526.9369 MB

Local
    Downloaded : 0.0 MB
    Uploaded : 0.0 MB
    Total Bandwidth used : 0.0 MB
    Total Usage for November : 0.0 MB

Does anyone know what they mean? i'm left totally clueless here. how can my total usage and my total bandwidth used, differ so much?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast