2017 International Tests

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Lions got a second puff. Some great play by them. ABs lucky not have conceded points.

Arthur

Honorary Master
BILs just as fit and talented as ABs Great start, good H1. Shows the diffs between a team and a Team - the BILs lacked leadership and slick team machine mojo, so ran out of ghost. Also, rotations were too early.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
BILs just as fit and talented as ABs Great start, good H1. Shows the diffs between a team and a Team - the BILs lacked leadership and slick team machine mojo, so ran out of ghost. Also, rotations were too early.
All Blacks won't make this many mistakes again.

SlowInternet

Executive Member
Whiteley out of 3rd test. Eben Etsebeth to captain side.

Eben Etzebeth will captain the Springboks against France at Ellis Park after Warren Whiteley was withdrawn because of a groin injury.

Whiteley has been managed throughout the series for his groin strain that he aggravated on Thursday after a lineout session, and it was decided to send him for a scan on Friday. The scan showed he aggravated the initial strain and it was therefore decided not to risk with him.

'Warren is indeed a big loss for us. However, our preparations this week went very well and haven't been disrupted,' explained Bok coach Allister Coetzee.

The withdrawal of Whiteley, who has led the Boks to triumphs in the previous two meetings between the sides, has resulted in a couple of personnel changes in the Springbok match 23.

Jean-Luc du Preez moves from the side of the scrum to fill the No 8 position, while flanker Jaco Kriel is elevated from the bench into the starting team. Lood de Jager (lock) now comes onto the substitute bench as one of the forward reserves.

Springboks – 15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Raymond Rhule, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Jan Serfontein, 11 Courtnall Skosan, 10 Elton Jantjies, 9 Francois Hougaard, 8 Jean-Luc du Preez, 7 Jaco Kriel, 6 Siya Kolisi, 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Eben Etzebeth (c), 3 Ruan Dreyer, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Beast Mtawarira.
Subs: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Steven Kitshoff, 18 Coenie Oosthuizen, 19 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 20 Lood de Jager, 21 Rudy Paige, 22 Frans Steyn, 23 Dillyn Leyds.
http://www.sarugbymag.co.za/blog/details/whiteley-ruled-out-of-third-test

cn@

Expert Member
What is that Zulu impi doing there. He just prances around and do silly and awkward moves.

We should take a page out of the Maori's book.

EDIT: Who the hell is singing our anthem?!?!? It sometimes feels like the opportunity to sing the anthem is like an opportunity that is bought to get yourself some exposure, not an opportunity that is earned.

I realise I might seem overly negative, but I feel these are legitimate issues.

Last edited:

Solitude

Expert Member
Great game this morning! But man, we watched the game at the Keg, had beers and such and it makes you feel so tired in the afternoon. It feels like my whole day's been wasted.

Now to see if the Bokke can demolish the French. :D

At least Kriel gets a start
About time!

mbayshark

Expert Member
Elton Jantjies wtf is going on with you're hair my boy. F@kkit it gets worse every week.

Solitude

Expert Member
The difference in quality between this morning's two teams and these two teams is huge. I don't see any continuity by the Bokke so far in this game.

Now THIS is a bok game!

Absolutely no cohesion or game plan, normal service has been resumed. NZ is going to demolish us, without lube.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
^

We lost Whitely, Effy is not a captains arse
We lost Cronje, Hougaard is not the link that's needed, ever ever

sand_man

Honorary Master
The difference in quality between this morning's two teams and these two teams is huge. I don't see any continuity by the Bokke so far in this game.
Well, a stat I'd like to see is how many times in the last 3 test's we've carried the ball through 5 phases or more. I bet you could count them on 1 hand.