ADSL speed upgrade soon

WiseCrack

Expert Member
I thought this was about my pitiful 384k connection being bumped to at least 512k :-(

Tns

Executive Member
sorry al i heard was bla bla telkom bla bla bla

RichardG

Honorary Master
What's the point on the upgrade, really, this will only benefit customers with uncap dsl, what about end-users, we want more bandwidht. or should i strike

armitage

Expert Member
Telkom == "pushing the technology to its maximum"

lawl.

Does not compute?

pkid

Expert Member
I just really want price drops more than anything else. I can't afford ADSL at the moment and with the way the economy is going there are going to be many more people like me...

Kosmik

Honorary Master
If they're going to get IPTV off the ground, they are going to need ADSL2+. If they're complaining about their current load, then I think we may see Telkom only offering a higher speed connection for IPTV customers and probably there, shape the traffic so that any normal internet browsing etc are limited to a lower speed to decrease load.

Nasty thought but had to say it.

Kkkurupt

I just really want price drops more than anything else. I can't afford ADSL at the moment and with the way the economy is going there are going to be many more people like me...
Im one of those people who are in your shoes. This is too painful i cant even feel my athelets foot. I just wish i had money or may be win the lottery so that i could install ADSL and buy the pretty chick who will fill in my forms in Telkom offices.

Glordit

Expert Member
Blazing!! through your 3Gb cap in 4 days now with 8mbs :rolleyes:

In the USA they are capped on WB internet at... get this 250GB'S :mad:

Last edited:

LCBXX

Honorary Master
If this means Telkom will be bumping 384k people to 512k+, 512k to 4Mb, 4Mb to 8Mb+ and staying at the same price for 2008/09, I'd be happy.

Amida

Expert Member
Telkom says they are busy deploying ADSL 2+ equipment but the only reason they are doing this is because you can't find any ADSL 1 equipment anywhere else in the world.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
ROFL :D:D:D

"when pushing the technology to its maximum" ???

Since when is 8mbps the maximum for ADSL2+ ?

Bunch of jokers.
I think they were trying to say that they were trialing 8mbps to see how the network would perform under heavier load, to see if adsl2+ would be practical.

If 8mbps is strainging their network, of course adsl2+ won't be practical.

MFour

Expert Member
I think they are trying to say anything to get confidence back in the company. From that lackluster statement I read that they have not got the ability, will power, or motivation to give the buying public a better service. In fact why should they? There is no real threat to their ADSL service from copetition, so why shouldl they strive to get the edge in the market place.

They are blowing hot air to try and bolster their share price IMO, don't forget the impending deal with whoever it is they are "smokeling" with.

gregmcc

Honorary Master
bah - what kind of sick person would post a subject like that. Was just about to get my hopes up and thought my 384 would be upgraded to 512 :(