Afrihost Fibre Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
No contact from Openserve yet. There were guys installing Fibre in the building and when I asked if they are from Openserve they said yes.
Another business in the same building say they have ordered from Webafrica and are also waiting.

Definitely sounds like the delay is with Openserve. Please PM me your account info and I'll pass this onto our Fibre Team for more info.

Azteca

AfriFella/AfriGenie, any plans to offer Free Data on your capped fibre packages?

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
AfriFella/AfriGenie, any plans to offer Free Data on your capped fibre packages?

Our aim is to have the same feature and benefits on Capped Fibre as we do on Capped DSL. I believe that these are already active on Openserve Fibre and is soon to be rolled out for the rest. :) Who's your provider?

Azteca

Openserve is the provider. I signed up for a uncapped package on the 31st March before you offered the capped packages. Glad I did as it was installed 5 days later. So I want to move to a capped package and wanted some info and the website didn't say so.

What is the reason for the R100 when changing packages? I get the following message - "I understand that I will be charged a R100.00 fee as per Telkom’s Policies for this change." This is for package or line speed change.

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
Openserve is the provider. I signed up for a uncapped package on the 31st March before you offered the capped packages. Glad I did as it was installed 5 days later. So I want to move to a capped package and wanted some info and the website didn't say so.

What is the reason for the R100 when changing packages? I get the following message - "I understand that I will be charged a R100.00 fee as per Telkom’s Policies for this change." This is for package or line speed change.

That's strange... Did you change your line speed at all? ^SP

Azteca

That's strange... Did you change your line speed at all? ^SP

I cannot proceed with it even if only changing the package from uncapped to capped unless I tick that checkbox. I want to change it from an uncapped 10/5 to a capped 100/50 100GB but want to know if in the future I want to upgrade the cap that I won't be charged R100 again.

Also, can you please confirm that Afrihost+ double data counts for the fibre packages and that data rolls over for a month?

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
I cannot proceed with it even if only changing the package from uncapped to capped unless I tick that checkbox. I want to change it from an uncapped 10/5 to a capped 100/50 100GB but want to know if in the future I want to upgrade the cap that I won't be charged R100 again.

Also, can you please confirm that Afrihost+ double data counts for the fibre packages and that data rolls over for a month?

Please drop me a PM with your account info and I'll pass this onto our Development Team.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
@AfriGenie, would it not be better to split this Fiber thread into each respective backbone provider, e.g. Afrihost OpenServe/Telkom Fiber Feedback, Afrihost Vumatel Fiber Feedback, et.? Admittedly this thread doesn't have that many posts though.

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
@AfriGenie, would it not be better to split this Fiber thread into each respective backbone provider, e.g. Afrihost OpenServe/Telkom Fiber Feedback, Afrihost Vumatel Fiber Feedback, et.? Admittedly this thread doesn't have that many posts though.

It may make sense further down the line when the number of Fibre Clients has increased a bit, but at the moment I don't think it's needed. :)

It is definitely a good suggestion though, I'll definitely keep it in mind!

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
It was yesterday afternoon.

Our team should be in touch with you are the regrade order progresses. I'm not sure how much is automated, so it may require a technician to address.

Azteca

Our team should be in touch with you are the regrade order progresses. I'm not sure how much is automated, so it may require a technician to address.

Afrihosts systems must be really bad. They see no record of my request to upgrade and ask me to try again and it doesn't allow me to as it says there is already a request in play.

Afriman, can you please check this out for me?

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
Afrihosts systems must be really bad. They see no record of my request to upgrade and ask me to try again and it doesn't allow me to as it says there is already a request in play.

Afriman, can you please check this out for me?

If you requested the upgrade through the ClientZone there should definitely be some trace of it. Can you please PM me your details?

Status
Not open for further replies.