Afrihost Fibre Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
That tracert shows latency starting at when you hit the undersea cable. Not an issue Vuma or Afrihost can fix. As you are getting service from Macrolan ISP aka Seacom. You send them this and ask that their NOC look into it.
im not complaining, im comparing different isp routes.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
its getting expensive trying them myself:
so far, websquad = 270ms
home connect = 380ms
macrolan = 430ms
contemplating where to go next
between supersonic mtn and afrihost echo or maybe vox

Nibiru

Anyone else on Afrihost Fibre network get REALLY INCONSISTENT twitch.tv performance?

I have a 50/50mbs fibre connection (capped so no throttling or shaping) and have to keep the resolution(quality) setting on Auto because it is just way to flakey. Compared to youtube which can stream in source constantly (highest quality) without any buffering.

When on auto it switches between Source (1080p) all the way down to 144p sometimes and then back to 1080p every 20-30 seconds, which is insanely annoying.

Thus there is no way i can keep it set to 720p or even 480p because sure it should and can run the stream at that quality, when it drops and it's not on auto it buffers for much longer - where auto just drops the quality.

Mega annoying when it drops from 1080p all the way to lets say 360p

One would think paying almost 1k a month for a connection should perform functional.

Any assistance or info or anything would be appreciated as i watch twitch almost every night

MavChat

Expert Member
There will be issues with twitch streams as it is not locally cached but live play. The latency to twitch has been higher lately as well. I know a local guy who plays and his followers have also been complaining of late.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
There will be issues with twitch streams as it is not locally cached but live play. The latency to twitch has been higher lately as well. I know a local guy who plays and his followers have also been complaining of late.
what ping do you get to 51talk.ph?

Tman*

Expert Member
Applied for Fibre at a qualifying residence in April 2019. Still no installation date, or any updates? Please check PM

MavChat

Expert Member
Applied for Fibre at a qualifying residence in April 2019. Still no installation date, or any updates? Please check PM
Pop over to whatsapp.afrihost.com - it will be faster to get feedback.

Tman*

Expert Member
@AfriFella - Please check your PM's

Still no feedback, no one on the Whatsapp support line can help me either

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Hi Afrihost

On shop.vuma there is an activation fee of R1007 where as on your website it states no activation fee, which is it?

MavChat

Expert Member
Hi Afrihost

On shop.vuma there is an activation fee of R1007 where as on your website it states no activation fee, which is it?
The activation charge for migrations are covered by the Afrihost 4K promo.

They are relaunching Afrihost Fibre so good stuff coming soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.