Afrihost Fibre Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
No contact from Openserve yet. There were guys installing Fibre in the building and when I asked if they are from Openserve they said yes.
Another business in the same building say they have ordered from Webafrica and are also waiting.

I am so sorry for the delay.
Is your fibre installed now?

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
This was 2017 and you are replying now!
WOW!
I have had fibre for 2 years.

:laugh::laugh:
I am so sorry about that, I am only cleaning up old chats making sure that there are no outstanding issues. Thanks for letting me know, please shout if you need anything.

Bucks_Fizz

Hi,

Before i make the change, can someone confirm the 1GB down and 100MB up Pure Fibre cost of R1497 is correct.

50 bucks more than 200/200?

Don't want a "surprise" down the line

VegOtter

Check out the Afrihost Pure Fibre page now: https://www.afrihost.com/fibre/

The Fibre service has been rebranded and made better :)

That is such a good offer, cheaper than my current ISP and the client portal is so much better to use. Current ISP has no client portal to manage your account...

@AfriFella Do I still qualify for the promotion if I migrate from my current ISP to you? Reason for asking is they require a calendar month notice which means I can only switch end August, but I'm willing to do the signup now.

Last edited:

cavedog

Honorary Master
That is such a good offer, cheaper than my current ISP and the client portal is so much better to use. Current ISP has no client portal to manage your account...

@AfriFella Do I still qualify for the promotion if I migrate from my current ISP to you? Reason for asking is they require a calendar month notice which means I can only switch end August, but I'm willing to do the signup now.

Not only that when migrating they give you 3 months free and credit to your Afrihost account if your current ISP charges you a cancellation fee.

VegOtter

Not only that when migrating they give you 3 months free and credit to your Afrihost account if your current ISP charges you a cancellation fee.

I don't have any cancellation fees, because everything was paid upfront by me and it is OpenServe.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I don't have any cancellation fees, because everything was paid upfront by me and it is OpenServe.

Supersonic slapped me with a massive cancellation penalty so maybe this deal will work great for me :unsure:

VegOtter

Supersonic slapped me with a massive cancellation penalty so maybe this deal will work great for me :unsure:

Shame bud, that sucks. I'm just waiting on @AfriFella's response on my question before I get the process rolling. All the hassle of migrating is not worth it if I don't qualify for the promotion, because it is only a R90 a month saving.

VegOtter

Haha, guess I won't be switching then. According to Afrihost my area has no fibre. Nevermind the fact that we have had fibre for over 2 years now and I have an active connection as we speak. Maybe a sign to not tamper with things that are working.

UPDATE: Seems the promotion is sold out anyway. Continued with the order and got to the last step and said, afrihost credit was R0. Suppose i snoozed and lost.

VegOtter

Haha, guess I won't be switching then. According to Afrihost my area has no fibre. Nevermind the fact that we have had fibre for over 2 years now and I have an active connection as we speak. Maybe a sign to not tamper with things that are working.

UPDATE: Seems the promotion is sold out anyway. Continued with the order and got to the last step and said, afrihost credit was R0. Suppose i snoozed and lost.

For those reading this. Apparently you won't see the promotion on the order form, but rather the promotion will be finished when the banners are pulled from the main site.

Bucks_Fizz

That is true Bucks_Fizz, but this offer is only available if your area is covered by Vuma.
Thanks for the reply!!
Did the upgrade request yesterday. An hour later my ATV4k was getting 868MB/s on Speedtest.
New invoice already received - All great @ R1497 p/m

Only problem now is i have to figure out how to run cables through the house because my wifi can't keep up

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
@AfriMan

My order status is finally active. Login details working fine atm - latency is looking great by PE & Openserve standards. :thumbsup:

That said, my speed is still at 100/50Mbps rather than 200/100Mbps. Can I assume this is due to how Cool Ideas has the line configured atm for my outgoing 100Mbps account with them? Can I ring them and ask for the config to be changed, or is it something that carries additional costs?

I'm busy with their customer support since yesterday getting the line migrated as quickly as possible.

cavedog

Honorary Master
@AfriMan

My order status is finally active. Login details working fine atm - latency is looking great by PE & Openserve standards. :thumbsup:

That said, my speed is still at 100/50Mbps rather than 200/100Mbps. Can I assume this is due to how Cool Ideas has the line configured atm for my outgoing 100Mbps account with them? Can I ring them and ask for the config to be changed, or is it something that carries additional costs?

I'm busy with their customer support since yesterday getting the line migrated as quickly as possible.

You were on a 100/50 with Cool ideas right? So what needs to happen is a migration to Afrihost and the Afrihost needs to place an upgrade order to 200Mbps.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
You were on a 100/50 with Cool ideas right? So what needs to happen is a migration to Afrihost and the Afrihost needs to place an upgrade order to 200Mbps.

Yeah. At this point I have indeed assumed that it's all to do with how my ISP has configured the line. Cool Ideas are supposed to be releasing the line immediately. Hopefully 200Mbps will come my way soon.

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
Yeah. At this point I have indeed assumed that it's all to do with how my ISP has configured the line. Cool Ideas are supposed to be releasing the line immediately. Hopefully 200Mbps will come my way soon.
Alright Bryn, please drop me a PM if you need anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.