Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Leitmotif

Expert Member
Any word on a resolution?

That's not really what I want to see on a 100mbit line.

steco777

Ping response to my US server dropping packets . International traffic very erratic at the moment

IMG_4669.JPG

Blackhand

Hmm, I'm not seeing drastic loss or anything, but just checked in because my latency to EU West was about 40-50ms higher than normal tonight.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Feedback from NOC is that there seems to be a Cloudflare issue and they are busy investigating.

Edit: NOC say this is not related to the slow international issue, don't want to confuse the issues. They are also investigating slow international speeds and will test through the day and evening.

Last edited:

Seeyou

Expert Member
Feedback from NOC is that there seems to be a Cloudflare issue and hey are busy investigating.
Definitely not just Cloudflare. I'm getting half line speed on some speed tests and multi-threaded NNTP downloads.

Seeyou

Expert Member

100/100 line with Octotel. This is one of the better tests. Was pretty much full speed a few days ago. Nothing else running on the line.

Seeyou

Expert Member
Is AH still running on alternate routing/providers from the DDoS? My latency to a VPN in London has increased about 20ms. Only noticed today as it's the first chance to game I've had in a while.

R4m80

Where do you get support after 4 pm? Seems Afrihost support only works till 4 pm. My Fibre is down.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Where do you get support after 4 pm? Seems Afrihost support only works till 4 pm. My Fibre is down.
The WhatsApp support had longer hours than the rest when I signed up a few months ago, but not hugely longer. It was the most effective support platform anyway, so it made sense relying on it before resorting to any other channel.

R4m80

I finally did it. I pulled the trigger. I cancelled my service. Had enough of this pathetic service.

Cav5034

@AfriMan well there has been some very good improvement. Just the last 3 hops seem to shoot the ping up a bit. Is this to do with the issue everyone has been having? Or a JHB thing? Either way much appreciated for getting this far!