Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Smiley_lauf

Expert Member

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Hi @AfriGuy I read of upgrade happening https://www.iol.co.za/business-report/technology/your-fibre-speeds-are-about-to-be-upgraded-for-free-45519711 will the 8Meg lines be upgraded as well or are we left out? Thanks for any clarity. IF they are being bumped up, any price increase or still same?
Hi @bradza and @Smiley_lauf. Please be on the lookout for mail from us later this week. It will explain how this will work and which clients qualify based on participating FNOs.

IceyPieQ

Hi IceyPieQ. I'm happy to hear that you are still happy with us, we will also do all we can from our end to keep it this way. Please let us know if the packet loss starts getting problematic so that we can look into it.
Thanks a mil. I got a mail back from my contact at openserve. He ran 2 days of testing and has picked up some abnormal things(he used a term i cant remember) and has tasked the senior techs to look into it. So he agreeded there is something on their side, or their part of the physical line thats a bit funky. I have met him personally, so its nice that they also dont do the back and forth blame game. Hence my love for Afrihost.

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Thanks a mil. I got a mail back from my contact at openserve. He ran 2 days of testing and has picked up some abnormal things(he used a term i cant remember) and has tasked the senior techs to look into it. So he agreeded there is something on their side, or their part of the physical line thats a bit funky. I have met him personally, so its nice that they also dont do the back and forth blame game. Hence my love for Afrihost.
You're very welcome!

ZyborgRSA

Does afrihost even stick to their 30 minute call back thing? Got an SMS I'd get a call by 9:07... You got 3 minutes

bradza

Anyone elses line just drop? Been down for 15 Min now, openserve Durban
Still going here but we had issues yesterday of it going down and up again. Will update if it happen again. Yesterday when it did operate, it was a massive degrade of speed, no streaming,even DStv wasn't working but later worked. Perhaps to do with fibre upgrades?

Vernon

Expert Member
Line down here. Vuma Aerial. Can't authenticate, or something to that effect.

cavedog

Honorary Master
@AfriGuy is afrihost also upgrading line speeds on openserve infrastructure like how other ISPs are doing.
No Openserve is not part of the upgrades. Vumatel and Frogfoot seems the only ones thus far.

I doubt even if Ooenserve is offering it ISPs will participate because IPC is just too expensive to offer it for free.