Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Devo1

I've requested a manager to call me..as @AfriFella is MIA.. Lets see if they do
AfriFella was online and viewing this thread a mere few seconds ago. AfriMan was online this morning and viewing the thread as well. Weird that they do not respond to your plea

STORMERSFAN

Yeah, that's pretty much a worse case scenario. They cover themselves by stating line migration MAY take up to 2-3 days!! You a day in already so technically they could keep you hanging for another 2 days but let's hope not!

I reckon you'll be up by 1pm the latest...
29 mins to go according to your premonition lol

Fjorko

Expert Member
Jis, something must be up hey, it's very unlike them a couple of weeks ago where they were on here all the time answering questions and pleasing and explaining left right and centre

Now just silence... . . . . .

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
Eish. A few minutes ago my wife (who's at home connected to the wifi) complained that her WhatsApp messages take long to go through and the internet seems slow. Though, being a woman, she's probably exaggerating things so I'll have to see for myself what's cooking when I get home. I actually should get her to download a speedtest app so she can check herself. I will also give her Afrihost's whatsapp contact number so she can sort them out herself if there are issues. And trust me, they don't want that :ROFL:

STORMERSFAN

Jis, something must be up hey, it's very unlike them a couple of weeks ago where they were on here all the time answering questions and pleasing and explaining left right and centre

Now just silence... . . . . .
On the line to vumatel now!! Something must be up.. They say afrihost haven't even placed an order to reconfigure line!!I'm generally a chilled person but now I'm pissed!

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Eish. A few minutes ago my wife (who's at home connected to the wifi) complained that her WhatsApp messages take long to go through and the internet seems slow. Though, being a woman, she's probably exaggerating things so I'll have to see for myself what's cooking when I get home. I actually should get her to download a speedtest app so she can check herself. I will also give her Afrihost's whatsapp contact number so she can sort them out herself if there are issues. And trust me, they don't want that :ROFL:
WhatsApp is often slow regardless of how it connects. Still, there's only one step involved in finding out what the issue is: does it work fine when she switches to mobile data?

esmile

On the line to vumatel now!! Something must be up.. They say afrihost haven't even placed an order to reconfigure line!!I'm generally a chilled person but now I'm pissed!
I'm in the same boat. Vumatel keeps rejecting the orders AH place because they creating the orders as new line installation instead of change of service.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
WhatsApp is often slow regardless of how it connects. Still, there's only one step involved in finding out what the issue is: does it work fine when she switches to mobile data?
I don't know. I've got whatsapp web going, which pops up a message in the corner of my main monitor. The message should still show as unread to her. I can deal with it later :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
I've requested a manager to call me..as @AfriFella is MIA.. Lets see if they do
Hey STORMERSFAN
I know that it may seem like I am MIA, however, I have been working on the background to get the migration processed. The system seems to believe that there is an active ISP at your address so we are working around this.

esmile

Hey STORMERSFAN
I know that it may seem like I am MIA, however, I have been working on the background to get the migration processed. The system seems to believe that there is an active ISP at your address so we are working around this.
@AfriFella, if myself and @STORMERSFAN have the exact same problem, it can't be a coincidence? Surely it must be something you guys not doing correctly on the Vumatel system?

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
@AfriFella, if myself and @STORMERSFAN have the exact same problem, it can't be a coincidence? Surely it must be something you guys not doing correctly on the Vumatel system?
Or the problem could lie by the other common denominator: Vumatel. My previous ISP could not release my line for Afrihost to accept it. It took three or four days before they managed to release it.

esmile

Or the problem could lie by the other common denominator: Vumatel. My previous ISP could not release my line for Afrihost to accept it. It took three or four days before they managed to release it.
Both our lines are released, the problem is AH is not creating the order correctly

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
Both our lines are released, the problem is AH is not creating the order correctly
Ah, my apologies then. Hope you both get it sorted before the Afrihost's close of business today. I had that fear when mine was released, but they took long to accept and activate it.

Cocopops

Nope you only get free what you ordered. Confirmed by consultant and I just upgraded and paid the difference for the month.

Downgrade info seems correct, if it's the 15th then. Just be careful - Axxess sommer changed their TnC on 24 July and when I left them and wanted to cancel on the 24th (you could always cancell/UG/DG same month before the 25th) I suddenly couldnt do so, while it gave me the option the day before.
Damn, I just phoned a consultant and they told me it will still be free - and on whatsapp they have said it will still be free?

@AfriMan @AfriFella can you confirm as well please?

Last edited:

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
AfriFella was online and viewing this thread a mere few seconds ago. AfriMan was online this morning and viewing the thread as well. Weird that they do not respond to your plea
You have a right to speak to a manager if you wish. Did you get the call?

WarrieP

Damn, I just phoned a consultant and they told me it will still be free??
I upgraded in my 2nd month, after the pro-rata month, so possible that if you still upgrade in the pro-rata month that they may not charge for the upgrade, which may be what the consultant told you.

Your service you signed up for will still be free, however you will be billed for the difference in price if you upgrade is my understanding (from what I was told by support via Whatapp). I upgraded yesterday around 3pm, got the email and reflection of upgrade completion in CP this morning as well as the money going off my CC.

@AfriFella can you clarify please? Also on the downgrade dates, must it be before 15th or 23rd?