Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

R10T

Thanks for all the solid info.

Appreciation to all those who had to suffer to get it.

Skankhunt

Expert Member
Anyone else's line down?
All lights green on ONT, PPPOE connection not working.
Openserve, KZN.
788D8108-3B24-4FAD-9F88-470EC131FA1F.png

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Just out of interest - Very odd speeds downloading multiple files from nationalnet.com / performive.com

florenz.gif florenz2.gif

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Gotta say: Really do love the Afrikaans names. "Gee daar 'n skyf" Odd they didn't change GPU to GVE
I have used a lot of apps in Afrikaans, but the language pack available for Windows 10/11 takes it to the next level - I seriously got lost at times. :laugh:
Thankfully hitting up start and typing the English equivalent of a setting you are after does find the right thing.

But hey, I keep reminding myself that you won't find an English computer being used in Germany or Italian - if they can do it in their own language then so should I.

Gaan lekker aan die skyf moet trek. Check bietjie hoeveel drade en handvatsels my luukse SVE van AMD het.
1634885673907.png

Jefferson D'Arcy

Hi,

I have placed the order for you and triggered the relevant events. Please expect a call to schedule the installation soon.
Hi mate

Some progress.

Collected and installed the Huawei router today. Full green on the ONT and the Huawei but no ping. Plug my address into the Vuma site, but the Network page comes up blank so I can't obtain an object number which might be the missing element.

It may be I'm still not activated on the Vuma end but Afrihost via Whatsapp have claimed they're unable to check this for me.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hi mate

Some progress.

Collected and installed the Huawei router today. Full green on the ONT and the Huawei but no ping. Plug my address into the Vuma site, but the Network page comes up blank so I can't obtain an object number which might be the missing element.

It may be I'm still not activated on the Vuma end but Afrihost via Whatsapp have claimed they're unable to check this for me.

Hi,

Latest feedback is that Client advised the line is already installed.

Was an installation done?

Jefferson D'Arcy

Hi,

Latest feedback is that Client advised the line is already installed.

Was an installation done?
Have not confirmed such.

I had a brief call from someone at Vuma earlier in the week after your prompting. She asked if it was a new install or an activation. I had no way of confirming that, but I stated there was a Vuma branded ONT in the house. It was left at that. No further comms from Vuma since.