Axxess Uncapped ADSL: R99 per month

mass09

Expert Member
Insane! Now we just need Telkom to drop line rental a bit...

Last edited:

burn

Expert Member
would love to hear from anyone using these services. But I guess that will come in due time.

purejimcn

will pdf downloads etc also be restricted? youtube should work fine since they have the youtube logo on their ad...

mass09

Expert Member
Will youtube and other video streaming services be shaped heavily?

Skype, Youtube, Twitter and Facebook will function normally according to their site : http://www.axxess.co.za/internet.php?account=justsurf&pk=384

So how are they to block downloads?

From their site :
We don't really have an Acceptable User Policy (AUP) for these accounts but the following will be slowed down:
P2P (torrent) software applications like eMule, Kazaa, etc.
One Click Hosting - Rapidshare, megaupload, etc.
Newsgroups

Definitely some form of shaping which is fair at this price.(For the time being)

VioAdmin

Expert Member
Very interesting move, but it's expected! MWeb is starting to gain more and more users quickly and other "smaller" companies have to respond with some vicious marketing ploys to stay around.

Etiher way, great move by axxess and openweb. This is great for normal surfing and even better as back-up accounts.

moosag

Expert Member
most welcomed! Should be a lot of happy users out there... Nice one guys...

gilani777

Nice move indeed, I know of many households to whom this package will suite perfectly. Family of facebooker's, youtube and occasional browsing other sites.

BrokenLink

almost 10 comments and no attacking or complaining!?! this is unheard of......great service! nice way to give decent service to the non downloading users at great price :)

just out of interest, will gaming be shaped heavily?

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Awesome news :) So will the shaping be a bit more relaxed on the other uncapped accounts?

Nameite

Expert Member
Hmmm if anyone uses it, please let me know whether VOIP like skype will be shaped. If not this is perfect for my folks.

Rendier

Expert Member
Openweb needs to stop copying people and undercutting competition with a Rand or R10... I mean stop trying to ride the trendsetters train... you did the same with Mweb and now you are doing it with Axxess... how about YOU guys come up with something original... and stop milking your clients until someone else COMES OUT! I hate companies like you... always trying to seem all costumer oriented and yet you drop your prices as soon as someone else does instead of bringing it down out of your OWN... GO AXXESS THOUGH!

VioAdmin

Expert Member
Openweb needs to stop copying people and undercutting competition with a Rand or R10... I mean stop trying to ride the trendsetters train... you did the same with Mweb and now you are doing it with Axxess... how about YOU guys come up with something original... and stop milking your clients until someone else COMES OUT! I hate companies like you... always trying to seem all costumer oriented and yet you drop your prices as soon as someone else does instead of bringing it down out of your OWN... GO AXXESS THOUGH!

This is the art of business. Most if not ALL companies HAVE to do this at least once in their life-time. I do understand your thinking though but really, it's great news for consumers, this brings more options. You know out of the 1,000 people who might now sign up for axxess, lets say 500 will be unhappy with axxess and will look elsewhere for a similar service for around the same price...BOOM here is OpenWeb.

More choices, more options. These rich companies need more competition, we need more under cutters, believe me.