Best thing to do with cracked iphone 5?

SmellyCelly

I have an iPhone 5 with a thin crack across the screen :mad: :mad: :mad:
I could rant about how much I hate iPhones right now, but instead I just want to get advise about what to do with it. I could sell it with the crack, but for how much? It's not even a year old yet.
Any advice welcome... all i can say is that I am not paying R1500 to get it fixed.
Thanks
:mad:

Last edited:
Found a guy in China City who does 'em for R200 or R300... Will see if I can find his details.

Even if the screen wasn't cracked I would recommend throwing it in the bin and buying a proper phone like the Galaxy S5.

I also cracked my 4s's screen the other day. Found a new one on BoB for r200 with shipping.

Did you assemble it yourself? Was it easy?

I haven't gotten it yet. I've done it with a 3GS before though and it wasn't too hard. Just need to be careful on the connecting points. I'm not sure how comfortable you are mucking around inside an iPhone though.

I haven't gotten it yet. I've done it with a 3GS before though and it wasn't too hard. Just need to be careful on the connecting points. I'm not sure how comfortable you are mucking around inside an iPhone though.

At this point, pretty comfortable ;)

I also cracked my 4s's screen the other day. Found a new one on BoB for r200 with shipping.

iPhone 4s does not equal iPhone5...

to OP check youtube videos on replacing iPhone5 screens.

Cheapest I found the 3 in 1 combo required to replace the screen the "plug n play" way was $50.

Replacing just the screen itself involves a $6 screen but it also involves a heat gun, some UV glue, hours of time and a ****load of risk.

You may find this useful

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/617265-Repairing-an-iPhone5-screen-myself

Back