Caught afrihost stealing data!!

Daruk

Honorary Master
[MENTION=286241]OCP[/MENTION] - well said
[MENTION=388833]The_Librarian[/MENTION] - No, it isn't i'm afraid. I have double checked to makes sure :)

I have just looked at the logs and it appears my account was active i.e. data started dissapearing from my account/ allocation the moment I signed up in April. This is all very strange.
1) When did you sign up
2) How much did you purchase
3) Can you show anything from the portal showing this use? If I recall correctly, for ADSL you can see the phone line number using the data

Thanks!

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
Was Afrihost not the flavour of the month here a while ago? Guess Coolideas is then to be avoided in the long run. Rather go for the one nobody mentions here.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Was Afrihost not the flavour of the month here a while ago? Guess Coolideas is then to be avoided in the long run. Rather go for the one nobody mentions here.
It's the beginning of the end for Cool Ideas :D
/meh it all depends on who you listen to anyway.

Arthur

Honorary Master
I had an Afrihost business account for years. Never a moment's trouble, and no need to ever call Support. Moved elsewhere for better price and cap.

Jamescapeconstantia

Did they not deliver your router to someone else maybe?
It has been a horrible experience with afrihell.

You are spot on - they did indeed give my router and access to someone else. After another one finally arrived after 3 weeks, i logged on and of course there was no data left and the person they gave it to had used it all up - all of this of course under my name so who knows what they did with it.

I was rather annoyed at all this because apparently RICA is a choice in this country for corporates and as it turns out they gave a weak apology and said to top up to make up for my stolen data which I did, and then of course charged me for this as well. Also, if it important to people to keep track of the data they use, their portal showing how much data you use doesn't work!!

So all in all this is a shocking experience and strongly suggest to people - Avoid at all costs!!

rog163

You are spot on - they did indeed give my router and access to someone else. After another one finally arrived after 3 weeks, i logged on and of course there was no data left and the person they gave it to had used it all up - all of this of course under my name so who knows what they did with it.

I was rather annoyed at all this because apparently RICA is a choice in this country for corporates and as it turns out they gave a weak apology and said to top up to make up for my stolen data which I did, and then of course charged me for this as well. Also, if it important to people to keep track of the data they use, their portal showing how much data you use doesn't work!!

So all in all this is a shocking experience and strongly suggest to people - Avoid at all costs!!
Jeez- the least they could do is refund you the data as it was there stuff up delivering the unit to someone else. What a joke.

Jamescapeconstantia

It also turns out that when cancelling my contract they are refusing to budge on the R1000 cancellation fee!

Seems to me they are in breach of the contract when they gave my access and data to someone else as well as giving me the details of the person who has my router as they just gave me theirs after they realised their mistake.

If anyone has any experience or advice I would certainly appreciate it....

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep

:( That's really terrible to hear. I really don't want one of our Clients to have this type of experience. If the order was delivered to the incorrect person we most definitely need to follow-up on this.

Just to clarify, RICA is obligatory in any instance where a new sim card is issued, this applies to everyone.

Can you please Inbox me your account details so that I can follow-up on this.