• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Cell C fixed LTE data throughput experience

cr@zydude

Executive Member
I cancelled my CellC and moved to Telkom.

The speeds are just wonderful.
Whenever I am tempted by CellC prices I remember the nightmare that their coverage and service is.

As much as I like the giga packages, I just can't risk it.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Whenever I am tempted by CellC prices I remember the nightmare that their coverage and service is.

As much as I like the giga packages, I just can't risk it.
Hi cr@zydude

There's no rush, and feel free to purchase a prepaid sim card and test drive the network coverage, and service delivery.

We're confident that we can change your perception of us.

^MP

compu

Hi cr@zydude

There's no rush, and feel free to purchase a prepaid sim card and test drive the network coverage, and service delivery.

We're confident that we can change your perception of us.

^MP
What nonsense, I bought the Afrihost deal... We have full LTE coverage in our area but my speed test showed me a download speed of 0,05kb and upload was non existent....

Surely you guys have to do something about this

Bruce_Wayne

Agree, BS..
PM sent. Check.
Call logged with Afrihost. Check.
Response from Afrihost.. reboot. Move router around... oh pleeez.. really?, done all that before I reached out..

compu

Agree, BS..
PM sent. Check.
Response from Afrihost.. reboot. Move router around... oh pleeez.. really?, done all that before I reached out..
After reading your response I am definitely canceling this crap, it disconnects for no odd reason, I rebooted 20 times yesterday alone, I am going back to RAIN, yeah their download speeds are kak but their network reliability is better than Cell C.

On a side note, I called CELL C today and their response was to first log a call with Afrihost but it seems like Afrihost is giving even more kak responses

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
What nonsense, I bought the Afrihost deal... We have full LTE coverage in our area but my speed test showed me a download speed of 0,05kb and upload was non existent....

Surely you guys have to do something about this
Hi compu

Have you raised the matter with Afrihost, as they are your service provider?

^MP

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Agree, BS..
PM sent. Check.

Hi Bruce_Wayne

We'd recommend that you submit your findings with Afrihost so that they can have the matter escalated even further.

^MP

compu

Hi compu

Have you raised the matter with Afrihost, as they are your service provider?

^MP
So I did all the above, raised the matter, got a ticket number, sent a tracert, changed APN settings and well I will show you my speeds now