• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Cell C Network Issues: Disconnects, Coverage, Throughput Problems - Report Here

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi davyb

Our team has been struggling to reach you on the number you provided.

Please PM us an alternative and your email address.

^NS

davyb

Hi davyb

Our team has been struggling to reach you on the number you provided.

Please PM us an alternative and your email address.

^NS
Yes it is true you tried to contact me but the issue is not on my side but somewhere on your network away from my setup at home but I will be sending you the e-mail address but it will not make a difference, last night I could not even play online.

Swa

Honorary Master
Well I figured out that the big issue was the wifi was flaky. First thought was someone in the neighbourhood but as soon as I unplugged the adapter it starting working. Weird thing is it works in my PC. So probably the OS got damaged by all the crashes from Cell C's bad network. It's still not up to the standard it was a few weeks ago though.

koeks525

Expert Member
Cell C's 3G network is terribly slow in Summerstrand, Port Elizabeth right now... so slow that loading MyBroadband pages take a while. Still waiting on Speedtest.net to finish loading. I have restarting my 3G modem, no improvements. YouTube plays on 144p :( What is really weird is a speedtest makes one think the network is fast, when in reality browsing and streaming is a pain :(

Swa

Honorary Master
Cell C's 3G network is terribly slow in Summerstrand, Port Elizabeth right now... so slow that loading MyBroadband pages take a while. Still waiting on Speedtest.net to finish loading. I have restarting my 3G modem, no improvements. YouTube plays on 144p :( What is really weird is a speedtest makes one think the network is fast, when in reality browsing and streaming is a pain :(

Speedtests are often prioritised. My connection is still slow particularly with local sites.

HerZeLeiD

I have an extra Telkom sim loaded with the 500GB promotion and just tested the ping differences between Cell C LTE and Telkom LTE and it's quite shocking. I joined a Battlefield 4 server hosted in the UK. On the Cell C sim the best ping I get is 220ms but it easily jumps to 250ms. On the Telkom sim ? 160 - 180ms, tops.

With all the popular games these days that are only possible to play on EU (War Thunder, Paladins, PUBG, Overwatch, LoL, DotA2 Ranked etc) that 60ms makes a massive difference.

DTBA

Expert Member
Me to. Tested Telkom Mobile which has similar speeds but is stable. Hoping for a decent deal of the month for September.
The sad part is that cellc did not replay after the post they made that they are looking into it ? or it was reported Bleh>< I still have 150 GB I need to use