Cell C Network Issues: Disconnects, Coverage, Throughput Problems - Report Here

I'm exploring a month to month deal through mweb soon. Lte-A with service provided by Rain. Have to buy their router for R1599 which is fine by me. Reasonably priced as well.

Because this? CellC? Is just plain paid for bull****.

davyb

I'm exploring a month to month deal through mweb soon. Lte-A with service provided by Rain. Have to buy their router for R1599 which is fine by me. Reasonably priced as well.

Because this? CellC? Is just plain paid for bull****.
As soon as I am covered by Rain I will also most probably bail.

HerZeLeiD

Got 200GB prepaid in January this year just for online gaming since I lost my ADSL. It was, dare I say, perfectly fine for 4-5 months until around June somewhere when near constant packetloss appeared. It gets so bad where the game completely drops my connection and my friends on Teamspeak can barely hear me. I had to even abandon several Dota 2 games and experienced my first low priority in 3 years. After this data is depleted I can't say I will ever go near anything Cell C related again.

This in the Western Cape, Broadlands/Sir Lowry's Pass area but I doubt that even matters.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Got 200GB prepaid in January this year just for online gaming since I lost my ADSL. It was, dare I say, perfectly fine for 4-5 months until around June somewhere when near constant packetloss appeared. It gets so bad where the game completely drops my connection and my friends on Teamspeak can barely hear me. I had to even abandon several Dota 2 games and experienced my first low priority in 3 years. After this data is depleted I can't say I will ever go near anything Cell C related again.

This in the Western Cape, Broadlands/Sir Lowry's Pass area but I doubt that even matters.
Pretty much my story. I still have 100gb which I can't use as my signal is so piss poor.

davyb

Same here, but nothing in the form of communication comes from @Cell_C. They are like a ostrich with there head in the sands.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi Guys

We can understand your frustration and would like to assist with the matter.

Please PM us your contact details.

^MM

davyb

Hi Guys

^MM
Please @Cell_C fix your network, the packet loss is atrocious

check this ping plotter image

www.akamai.com.jpg

This is this evening, as you can see the packet loss is in your network, my area I stay in is Pelikan Park, Western Cape. Your base station is about 500m away from me. My cell number is 0627187075 and this only happens during the evening. So once again please fix your network. If you will do me the honour to contact me my contact number is 0833468500.

DTBA

Expert Member
Hi Guys

^MM
Okay let me put it in this way

We all have the same issue at night = Packetloss . We all live in different locations. We all reported that the speeds are fine. We range from LTE to 3g connections.

We can rule out that it is not the towers that is the main problem. Because this is what I have done.

I took my cellc sim tested on the cellc network I get packetloss. I then forced it to roam on the vodacom tower and I still had packetloss.. Then I used my vodacom sim in the same modem in the same place. Same time and the packet loss is gone

So the packetloss comes from inside the cellc network. We all have attached ping plotter images and I will again showing where the packet loss starts. I have been in contact with the guys from bloem.They are still waiting for answers from the network team.

In the yellow is where the packetloss starts thats already 2 jumps into your networks

mybb.JPG

We all reported that same issue and gave our info. Can't you guys talk to your network team and give us feed back in this thread? about what is going on.

montanapark

Having the same problems as everyone. On a 200GB prepaid, performance and stability starting going down dramatically for the past few weeks. If this continues for much longer will have to use another ISP. CellC will lose my R2000 I'm spending every 2 months on the prepaid.

Swa

Honorary Master
Okay let me put it in this way

We all have the same issue at night = Packetloss . We all live in different locations. We all reported that the speeds are fine. We range from LTE to 3g connections.

We can rule out that it is not the towers that is the main problem. Because this is what I have done.

I took my cellc sim tested on the cellc network I get packetloss. I then forced it to roam on the vodacom tower and I still had packetloss.. Then I used my vodacom sim in the same modem in the same place. Same time and the packet loss is gone

So the packetloss comes from inside the cellc network. We all have attached ping plotter images and I will again showing where the packet loss starts. I have been in contact with the guys from bloem.They are still waiting for answers from the network team.

In the yellow is where the packetloss starts thats already 2 jumps into your networks

View attachment 453562

We all reported that same issue and gave our info. Can't you guys talk to your network team and give us feed back in this thread? about what is going on.
Been saying more or less the same thing. High latency with connections going to a standstill. There is no congestion. This is purely intermittent problems as the speeds are just fine when it works. Some links are also more affected than others. Calling everyone isn't going to help. Fix your network.

My miner has been constantly crashing lately. Thought it was because I had to switch off the power as it started just after that but seeing as my browsing has become affected and everyone has been having the same problems have come to realise it's the network.

DTBA

Expert Member
Been saying more or less the same thing. High latency with connections going to a standstill. There is no congestion. This is purely intermittent problems as the speeds are just fine when it works. Some links are also more affected than others. Calling everyone isn't going to help. Fix your network.

My miner has been constantly crashing lately. Thought it was because I had to switch off the power as it started just after that but seeing as my browsing has become affected and everyone has been having the same problems have come to realise it's the network.
I have also seen something weird. lets say I am playing a game and on teamspeak. it wil sometimes kill my teamspeak with a full 100 % packetloss for like 40 seconds. But my game is working fine in that period. It seems to be either a QOS problem when the network is on high load when traffic needs to be "shaped"

Swa

Honorary Master
Have had constant problems with my miner the last day. Sure enough checking there are constant disconnects and inability to connect. Yet some sites like this one don't have any real problem. I'm moving to Telkom. Then I can at least check my balance as well.

Swa

Honorary Master
I've now had it switched off for over half an hour and am still getting shares going through. It's clear there's a whole bunch of backlogged data on Cell C's network that only goes through perhaps hours later while current data is also going through. The whole day is now filled with stale shares. Am going to try a VPN now.

davyb

As soon as possible I am canceling my contract. I am not continuing to pay a monthly fee for frustration. And whatever they need to fix are in their internal network.