Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrikali

Can CoolIdeas officially confirm if they are throttling/shaping fibre connection as my 50/5 fibre-line behaves like 2M ADSL line?

Looney

Expert Member
Can CoolIdeas officially confirm if they are throttling/shaping fibre connection as my 50/5 fibre-line behaves like 2M ADSL line?
They have confirmed many times that they do not shape or throttle. Either there’s a problem with your line or a Fibre provider problem. Pm PBCool and he’ll help.

ponder

Honorary Master
They don't. Who's the fibre provider and where are you located, name of town/village/estate etc?

Afrikali

They don't. Who's the fibre provider and where are you located, name of town/village/estate etc?
I am in Westdene. When I called CI, they blamed Vumatel. Vuma was here this afternoon and tested my fibre, no problem. I sent CI all my tracereoute files as well. Let's see what happens next.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Please PM me any issues guys, on leave this weekend but will escalate where I can.

DWJ

Anyone else having issues with TeamSpeak today?
Seems to be isp related, when I connect my old 3g dongle I can connect to TeamSpeak just fine, when going back onto fibre I can't connect. My friends see me join the landing page then I DC after a few seconds...

Spartaniz

Expert Member
I have to be honest; I am not impressed with the weekend support. My line was sporadically dropping yesterday before stabilising throughout the night. I opened a ticket stating the connection is dropping- be it with a cable or wireless. Today I get an email asking if this was happening over cable or wireless. I answered by saying it is much better today but it happened over both wired and wireless connections. I then get another email asking if it happened over wired or wireless. We all fcking know wired is better than wireless but it does not disconnect the damn PPPOE connection every few seconds. Stop blaming wifi for everything.

P.S - all my wireless devices are connected to my router via a 5ghz 802.11ac connection, with the ac68u router not being more than three feet away. Blame the g_d damn wifi for everything.

Last edited:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Seems to be isp related, when I connect my old 3g dongle I can connect to TeamSpeak just fine, when going back onto fibre I can't connect. My friends see me join the landing page then I DC after a few seconds...
Are you still having issues with this?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I have to be honest; I am not impressed with the weekend support. My line was sporadically dropping yesterday before stabilising throughout the night. I opened a ticket stating the connection is dropping- be it with a cable or wireless. Today I get an email asking if this was happening over cable or wireless. I answered by saying it is much better today but it happened over both wired and wireless connections. I then get another email asking if it happened over wired or wireless. We all fcking know wired is better than wireless but it does not disconnect the damn PPPOE connection every few seconds. Stop blaming wifi for everything.

P.S - all my wireless devices are connected to my router via a 5ghz 802.11ac connection, with the ac68u router not being more than three feet away. Blame the g_d damn wifi for everything.
Apologies please PM the ticket number, wireless is the issue 90% of the time which is why that is always confirmed first. They can check the history of the sessions so just mention the PPP is dropping on the router so we can log it with the line provider.

DWJ

Are you still having issues with this?
Yep, when using a VPN I can connect as well, logged it with you guys and Peter requested some trace routes which I've sent. Quite weird, will see when he gets back to me again.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Yep, when using a VPN I can connect as well, logged it with you guys and Peter requested some trace routes which I've sent. Quite weird, will see when he gets back to me again.
Great thanks.

Jan99

Ok guys - might the the wrong thread, but I don't want to start a new one for what is possibly a simple question...

Vumatel has booked an installation into my house for tomorrow, I have opened an account with Cool Ideas to get the FICA documents and banking details sorted in the meantime. My router is WAN capable, so I am going to use that as my WIFI solution - is there anything else I need to do to make this a seamless as possible?

lexor

Expert Member
Ok guys - might the the wrong thread, but I don't want to start a new one for what is possibly a simple question...

Vumatel has booked an installation into my house for tomorrow, I have opened an account with Cool Ideas to get the FICA documents and banking details sorted in the meantime. My router is WAN capable, so I am going to use that as my WIFI solution - is there anything else I need to do to make this a seamless as possible?
Pretty much the same as I did.
After Vuma left it took one 30 seconds call to Cool Ideas and i was online 5 minutes later.

Status
Not open for further replies.