Status
Not open for further replies.

phuma

Question regarding the VOIP service - if I had my geographical service (the telkom land line number 021xxxxx) ported to Cool Ideas, what would someone be paying to phone *to* that number? Does it still pretend it is a land line in Cape Town, or is it now a different class of number?

SAguy

Expert Member
Does anyone from cool ideas have insight into OpenServe's rollout map? They're digging up our streets but our community is battling to get any confirmation to know what their timelines are.

Phinix

@PBCool Might be something up with your DNS in Cape Town.
Pages/images today are taking 5+ seconds to load. Switch to 1.1.1.1 and it's instant loading like normal.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Question regarding the VOIP service - if I had my geographical service (the telkom land line number 021xxxxx) ported to Cool Ideas, what would someone be paying to phone *to* that number? Does it still pretend it is a land line in Cape Town, or is it now a different class of number?
Different class, as it's on a VOIP platform now, so VOIP to VOIP is very cost effective, landline to VOIP is the same as landline to landline sort of rates.

David

Please help 240+ days and counting, this ticket is still unresolved (Even speak to your techie Lindile, he was on site and witnessed the issue first hand. Very Simple ONT not configured to deliver 200Mbs only getting 100Mbs, yet still been billed for 200. Either give us 200 or reduce our billing to 100 and credit us from Jan 24 2018)
#COOL-20180723-126607
#COOL-20180925-150353

Cool Ideas COOL up to 100Mbs, their after not so COOL!!!

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Please help 240+ days and counting, this ticket is still unresolved (Even speak to your techie Lindile, he was on site and witnessed the issue first hand. Very Simple ONT not configured to deliver 200Mbs only getting 100Mbs, yet still been billed for 200. Either give us 200 or reduce our billing to 100 and credit us from Jan 24 2018)
#COOL-20180723-126607
#COOL-20180925-150353

Cool Ideas COOL up to 100Mbs, their after not so COOL!!!
Will be happy to credit, and will look into it for you.

Phinix

Net just cut in and out a for a few minutes in Cape Town - Openserve.
Anything happening?

blunt

Expert Member
Strange my connectivity just died completely for about 5 mins.. seems to be back again.

CPT, MTN

blunt

Expert Member
Strange my connectivity just died completely for about 5 mins.. seems to be back again.

CPT, MTN
and again.. seems like it's unable to do any DNS lookups, tried smartdnsproxy's DNS, 1.1.1.1, 80.80.80.80, can't lookup against any, then just starts working again.

mercury12

Expert Member
Net died again for 5 minutes. On metrofibre in Joburg. Looks like this is a cool ideas issue

Radioboy

Hey y'all.

I have some issues with my connection.

A couple of times a day, I would lose internet connection to all my devices - wired and Wi-Fi. There is no indication on the router that the network is down.

I either have to restart the router or reset it to factory defaults and set it up from scratch for the connection to be restored.

I'm running CISP on SADV.

Has anyone come across this on their CISP connection?

Thanks.

Rb.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hey y'all.

I have some issues with my connection.

A couple of times a day, I would lose internet connection to all my devices - wired and Wi-Fi. There is no indication on the router that the network is down.

I either have to restart the router or reset it to factory defaults and set it up from scratch for the connection to be restored.

I'm running CISP on SADV.

Has anyone come across this on their CISP connection?

Thanks.

Rb.
Do you have a ticket number for me?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
and again.. seems like it's unable to do any DNS lookups, tried smartdnsproxy's DNS, 1.1.1.1, 80.80.80.80, can't lookup against any, then just starts working again.
If it died once I would suspect this a layer2 fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.