Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRoDent

Expert Member
So, as suspected Openserve haven't upgraded our rate limits for JHB or CPT yet.

Good afternoon gentlemen,

XXXX, could you please confirm the timelines for the upgrade requests. Please note that serials were sent out Monday.

WS1XXX
WS12XXX2

Please this is also now urgent.

Kind regards
This is now scheduled for Monday 25th Feb. :rolleyes:

Phinix

So, as suspected Openserve haven't upgraded our rate limits for JHB or CPT yet.

This is now scheduled for Monday 25th Feb. :rolleyes:
Sigh... They will find another reason to delay it again. Unless they mean 25th Feb 2020...

sand_man

Honorary Master
@ryanrich can we get a single thread test to Coreix from you this morning please? And London QTS too please bro?!

Last edited:

sand_man

Honorary Master
Here's my FF 20/20 line which routes via JHB if that helps :p
View attachment 623490
I'm trying to prove to Home-connect that my 1Gbps account is under performing to international. Apparently a 20Mbps single thread result to Los Angeles AT&T is due to a server limitation. I've asked them which servers I should test. Coreix always performs well, as does London QTS, on multi thread. On Coreix single thread I seldom get better than 60Mbps. What should one be getting on a 1Gbps account? Wish there were more users on here using 1 gig accounts... but yes, would be interesting to see what guys on 200Mbps accounts get to these servers.

My iperf tests results are totally out of whack too!

image132

Expert Member
I'm trying to prove to Home-connect that my 1Gbps account is under performing to international. Apparently a 20Mbps single thread result to Los Angeles AT&T is due to a server limitation. I've asked them which servers I should test. Coreix always performs well, as does London QTS, on multi thread. On Coreix single thread I seldom get better than 60Mbps. What should one be getting on a 1Gbps account? Wish there were more users on here using 1 gig accounts... but yes, would be interesting to see what guys on 200Mbps accounts get to these servers.

My iperf tests results are totally out of whack too!
You doing your iperf tests from homeconnect to cisp servers?

image132

Expert Member
I've found that too. I've tried running iperf tests on my VDSL line with telkom as the ISP and it was broken and I've asked my friend on TTconnect with vox as the ISP to run iperf tests and they were broken too.

I can only assume CISP only let their clients run the tests or they've set them up in such a way that only work with their own clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.