South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
So when can I expect my Frogofoot international issue to be solved. Its now been nearly 9 months...
Ticket: COOL-20180711-122832
As soon as my network probes arrive I'll ship you a device so that we can diagnose your line. Your ticket has gone to and fro with Frogfoot with the usual "everything looks alright".
Every FNO has their procedures and systems for logging issues and we follow those. I cannot just "escalate" a single consumer line, we have to follow their process.
There is no general Evotel issue that we are aware of so they have to do their troubleshooting and investigations.
I realise you pay us not Evotel, but there isn't a magical "something I can do".
@TheRoDent are there any limitations on the proxy server. Was being a bit silly earlier and figured I could just use a nat rule and forward the devices to the web-proxy on my mikrotik.
@TheRoDent
Any chance we can get something like the proxy for JHB side? currently using the one in CPT and seems to have solvevd Twitch buffering quite a fair bit!
We are receiving a flood of reports of outages in various areas on the Octotel network.
Blouberg, West Beach, Devils Peak
edit: PPPoE logs also indicate a mass session drop at 11:30 ish
Will look into that, but it shouldn't really be an issue unless your line has packet loss during peak periods.
Dear Cool Ideas, I've been dealing with Oliver in Evotel (yes I took it upon myself to speak to Evotel as you're not interested in helping). He has been very helpful and we've tried everything. He confirms that the connection is intact and that the issue is likely with Cool Ideas and not Evotel. Therefore, could you guys actually do something and assist your customer rather than push the blame on Evotel?
From iperf i get around 2.5%-3% loss during peak time i was told this is acceptable but it makes twitch unusable around 4pm-7pm on the MFN Network but CPT Side proxy is chugging along @ 1080p Source without a hitch even if line has background traffic. could normally not do that this time of day
That kinda loss is not acceptable and will mess with a TCP connection. The proxy is helping due to it's lower latency retransmission when there is packet loss, which is why your twitch is better.
Thanks.Hi, there's no particular limitations but something like a dst-nat for port 80 on your mikrotik would probably only work for HTTP.
It will do SSL, but that requires the client device to use the "CONNECT" verb and to understand to use a proxy server for SSL connections, so a plain nat won't work for SSL.
Twitch and the like use SSL for the streams these days.
I have from our side confirmed that your PPPoE connection does dial up, and that I am able to ping your device, however throughput, with a flood ping was dismal.
Evotel still haven't replied to the ticket we logged.
I will ask one of our team leaders to get in contact with you, but from a CISP perspective a throughput issue would indicate a lossy line.
That's great, and you guys can't pick up the phone to Evotel? Is that too much effort?
From iperf i get around 2.5%-3% loss during peak time i was told this is acceptable but it makes twitch unusable around 4pm-7pm on the MFN Network but CPT Side proxy is chugging along @ 1080p Source without a hitch even if line has background traffic. could normally not do that this time of day