Status
Not open for further replies.

niVoque

@joeline I have 3 friends who live nearby all on CISP because I recommended it to them. JHB south area. All having the EXACT same issues. It's hilarious because in ESO we all DC at the exact same time, and we're just like "yup, Cool Ideas at it again". Enough is enough. Had to reach the 889th page of THIS THREAD to find out that they are being DDoSed in JHB, for over 2 days now lmao. Support staff scream faulty CPE/link and it seems like the competence that I signed up for in the beginning is declining with the pass rate of schools. 154.0.5.130 is where my packets stop - with the ol' famous "Destination Net Unreachable" - that's a CISP IP.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
So this is BS then?

Vumatel will happily deliver the service over the existing VLANs, we don't QoS any traffic but now will do so with the 1Gbps service which is the way we manage the scale of things. Once the promotion was announced we put forward our requirement to segregate the service to which we were told would be done. On the day of release (March 1st) their technical team only started implementing our requirement which took them close to a month to do. And only on Active Ethernet, beyond that the aerial side they now say there are further challenges. This is the struggle we need to deal with unfortunately.

JBaldwin

Octotel haven't fixed anything in Table View - if anything I think it's just getting worse. But I agree with you it's harsh to judge CISP on the failings of the fibre provider, you can however judge them on how they handle it with their customers.
Mine isn't with Octotel it's with SADV and has been totally unusable all day, normally only a couple of hours a day which was my problem. Today just made me greatful it was my last day with them.

Looney

Expert Member
Vumatel will happily deliver the service over the existing VLANs, we don't QoS any traffic but now will do so with the 1Gbps service which is the way we manage the scale of things. Once the promotion was announced we put forward our requirement to segregate the service to which we were told would be done. On the day of release (March 1st) their technical team only started implementing our requirement which took them close to a month to do. And only on Active Ethernet, beyond that the aerial side they now say there are further challenges. This is the struggle we need to deal with unfortunately.
Well I guess while you deal with that struggle I’ll be cruising along 1gbps land.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Had either you or the other manager on the phone and he agreed that cool ideas cannot deliver and accepted a shorter Cancellation notice period.

We have over 160 streaming clients currently and I can see the status of each connection and what isp they are with and who is having problems.

Been battling for 3 months and have no reason to think anything will change.
I don't follow, I wasn't on the phone and am asking to assist you as an escalation point?

Looney

Expert Member
No problem with that :)
Good Riddance. I expect you to release my line to Web Squad tomorrow.

Edit: And by that I mean the Fibre line, not the VOIP. I will also be porting my VOIP away from
Cool Ideas.

@PBCool, please see to it that your accounts department send me a copy of my invoice for the VOIP line. Both telephone numbers must be present on the invoice. I expect that done tomorrow morning.

Praeses

Expert Member
@PBCool Is there a reason why the ddos taking effect isn't on the announcement page? Would really help people out that are wondering why their connections are underperforming

ViVox

So double down on the excuses is the corporate strategy, right? Good luck.

joeline

@joeline I have 3 friends who live nearby all on CISP because I recommended it to them. JHB south area. All having the EXACT same issues. It's hilarious because in ESO we all DC at the exact same time, and we're just like "yup, Cool Ideas at it again". Enough is enough. Had to reach the 889th page of THIS THREAD to find out that they are being DDoSed in JHB, for over 2 days now lmao. Support staff scream faulty CPE/link and it seems like the competence that I signed up for in the beginning is declining with the pass rate of schools. 154.0.5.130 is where my packets stop - with the ol' famous "Destination Net Unreachable" - that's a CISP IP.
I dont play games, or anything like that, just stream. I have two streams on now, and absolutely no buffering, Both international, so I really do not understand why it affect some and not others. All I can say is that things have improved 100 percent for me after Octotel maintenance.

JBaldwin

I don't follow, I wasn't on the phone and am asking to assist you as an escalation point?
It has been going on since January have spoken to lots of people including a so called manager. Then got apology from technical call centre guy who basically said cool ideas where not willing to do anything more. You should be able to pull the voice recordings.

Zodiak

PBCool, how about telling us when you guys are going to resolve the DDOS issues and how will you prevent or build contingency for this in future?

Praeses

Expert Member
PBCool, how about telling us when you guys are going to resolve the DDOS issues and how will you prevent or build contingency for this in future?
Probably best to not divulge in that info, else someone might figure out a way around it.

semaphore

Honorary Master
Victim blaming strong in this thread...
You as a person with networking knowledge should know very well that an ISP should have decent mitigation in place for these issues. They have been DDoS'd for the last 48 hours and do not mention a thing to their clients.

Jordan_Za

...it's harsh to judge CISP on the failings of the fibre provider, you can however judge them on how they handle it with their customers.
Given that the FNO insists on being dealt with via the ISP, as a "stupid" end user, all we have is the ISP.
CISP is the FNO to you and me. I understand that TECHNICALLY this is false, but I don't pay for technicalities, I pay for service.
CISP replying tickets once a week (if you're lucky), having to sit in phone queues for 15+mins, and no feedback or transparency, really leaves me feeling pretty bitter.

ViVox

Victim blaming strong in this thread...
Errr, I'm paying for a service. They're hardly a "victim" here. Do I get the benefit if they don't deliver for 3 weeks? If I wanted a load of excuses and zero communication, I'd go speak to the government.

Status
Not open for further replies.