Status
Not open for further replies.
@TheRoDent I've setup a cron bash script to monitor iperf in the evenings from 8 until 11 - . Is there anything else which needs monitoring? I see you mention a TCP iperf as well?
 
@TheRoDent I've setup a cron bash script to monitor iperf in the evenings from 8 until 11 - . Is there anything else which needs monitoring? I see you mention a TCP iperf as well?

The UDP is the best for detecting packet loss patterns. TCP is a nice to have, but not really required.
 
The UDP is the best for detecting packet loss patterns. TCP is a nice to have, but not really required.

If you have time might you have a chance to look at my ticket have updated it.

COOL-20190220-222012

Loss has gotten worse now @ 3.9% during peak times even MTR shows quite a bit of bad loss any idea if this issue is on my side of the line eg bad splice or cabling? going to be a problem as my spare fibre was broken when Exza did an install for the termination box so currently running on the backup since they spliced 2 points.

thanks!
 
The UDP is the best for detecting packet loss patterns. TCP is a nice to have, but not really required.

Great Thanks. Will monitor over the next few days. Last night as with @image132 things seemed okay...bit of packet loss of 3% for half and hour but not nearly as bad as the night before.
 
If you have time might you have a chance to look at my ticket have updated it.

COOL-20190220-222012

Loss has gotten worse now @ 3.9% during peak times even MTR shows quite a bit of bad loss any idea if this issue is on my side of the line eg bad splice or cabling? going to be a problem as my spare fibre was broken when Exza did an install for the termination box so currently running on the backup since they spliced 2 points.

thanks!

Can you please PM me? Need to confirm your account details and location.

Also please add to the ticket the output of

iperf3 --verbose --port 17001 -c lnms.cisp.co.za --bandwidth 150M -l 1400 --omit 2 -R -u
 
Reply from Octotel rep about the complaints about their service. It was part of an email requesting some information with an added note that I have heard they are having problems with service delivery. Can someone explain what they mean? I thought speed issues were infrastructure related. I don't know much about these things unfortunately but I do want to learn.
"Speed issues are rarely infrastructure related. As a network operator, we do not perform any traffic routing on our lines. ISPs are who do this in accordance with their FUPs where applicable. A lot of clients do not understand this though, hence the complaints. But we always and assist where we can."
 
Reply from Octotel rep about the complaints about their service. It was part of an email requesting some information with an added note that I have heard they are having problems with service delivery. Can someone explain what they mean? I thought speed issues were infrastructure related. I don't know much about these things unfortunately but I do want to learn.
"Speed issues are rarely infrastructure related. As a network operator, we do not perform any traffic routing on our lines. ISPs are who do this in accordance with their FUPs where applicable. A lot of clients do not understand this though, hence the complaints. But we always and assist where we can."
Lol...

Using a technicality to shift blame.

They may not be doing Layer 3 routing, but they are switching on layer 2 from each customer to the isp handover. Layer 2 can also have qos applied to the packets.
 
What is going on again now? <sigh> This is from Cape Town, Durbanville on vumatel trenched.

1551434000934.png
 
@TheRoDent should I still be using the proxy or have you made those changes? In which case I can test tonight.

We've just made the routing changes for twitch -- depeered them at LINX and now routing via Cogent, which is the same route you traceroute from Vox showed.

Let's see.
 
I have not received an invoice for March yet? Am I getting a free month for being such a good customer?
 
We've just made the routing changes for twitch -- depeered them at LINX and now routing via Cogent, which is the same route you traceroute from Vox showed.

Let's see.

Awesome, will let you know how it goes tonight.
 
Getting some hellish packet loss to EU Apex servers.. started maybe 30 mins ago. Hoping it's resolved soon..
 
I was just about to ask about my invoice - where are they @PBCool ? Lost with Octotel packets ??:D:D:D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X