fuc kt the call dropped after waiting 20min on the lineWow your call centre reminds me of Hellkom waiting on the line 15min already bad impression
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
fuc kt the call dropped after waiting 20min on the lineWow your call centre reminds me of Hellkom waiting on the line 15min already bad impression
do a speedtest.co.zaView attachment 626300
Cool Ideas Vumatel Durbanville
@TheRoDent I've setup a cron bash script to monitor iperf in the evenings from 8 until 11 - . Is there anything else which needs monitoring? I see you mention a TCP iperf as well?
The UDP is the best for detecting packet loss patterns. TCP is a nice to have, but not really required.
The UDP is the best for detecting packet loss patterns. TCP is a nice to have, but not really required.
If you have time might you have a chance to look at my ticket have updated it.
COOL-20190220-222012
Loss has gotten worse now @ 3.9% during peak times even MTR shows quite a bit of bad loss any idea if this issue is on my side of the line eg bad splice or cabling? going to be a problem as my spare fibre was broken when Exza did an install for the termination box so currently running on the backup since they spliced 2 points.
thanks!
This is a speedtest.co.zado a speedtest.co.za
Lol...Reply from Octotel rep about the complaints about their service. It was part of an email requesting some information with an added note that I have heard they are having problems with service delivery. Can someone explain what they mean? I thought speed issues were infrastructure related. I don't know much about these things unfortunately but I do want to learn.
"Speed issues are rarely infrastructure related. As a network operator, we do not perform any traffic routing on our lines. ISPs are who do this in accordance with their FUPs where applicable. A lot of clients do not understand this though, hence the complaints. But we always and assist where we can."
@TheRoDent should I still be using the proxy or have you made those changes? In which case I can test tonight.
We've just made the routing changes for twitch -- depeered them at LINX and now routing via Cogent, which is the same route you traceroute from Vox showed.
Let's see.
Shhh, maybe they won't noticeI have not received an invoice for March yet? Am I getting a free month for being such a good customer?
There does seem to be some issues with our Joburg Cape TownWhat is going on again now? <sigh> This is from Cape Town, Durbanville on vumatel trenched.
View attachment 626360
You have an IP?Getting some hellish packet loss to EU Apex servers.. started maybe 30 mins ago. Hoping it's resolved soon..