• Yes

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • No

Votes: 207 96.7%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Do you think SAA should be rescued or closed down? Why do you believe that?

Cray

Honorary Master
The most decisive poll in MyBB history...? Will be interested if anyone votes "yes"

Kosmik

Honorary Master
If the BRP can genuinely rescue the business, sure but it HAS to be self-sustaining.

Voted NO because there is already political interference coming to the BRP so I don't see it happening. We will probably have to go through a major failure for them to start to understand.

Superman-7

It's a money pit. I say kill it. That being said, it's a drop in the ocean of money wasting in this country. Gotta start somewhere though..right?

eg2505

Honorary Master
nope, nope and more nope.
kill it with fire and quickly, longer it stays around sucking money down, harder it will be to justify it to people.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Not sure how keen I would be flying with a carrier on the brink of bankruptcy. Well, technically already bankrupt... What cost saving short cuts do cash strapped airlines take? Anyone know? Asking for a friend...

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
No. It's just an ATM for the ANC.

I can't think why any country needs a state owned carrier in this day and age. It is not like you will fly to SA on SAA just because it is the national carrier. People pick their airline by availability, cost, personal preference and route.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Voted yes to create some balance.
The BRP needs to be allowed to deliver on their mandate.
Give them a chance to table the plan and justify their proposals before everyone lays their eggs.

Last edited:

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
The only reasonable reason to vote yes is to stave off the cross default clause from triggering.

boboudts

I suggest saa and their commie unions adopt the “brace position”....their Phoenix flight is over!

Iwojima

Expert Member
Depends what you mean by "rescued".

Have billions more thrown at it and left to operate as is? No.
Have billions more thrown at it and forced to operate like a business instead of sheltered employment/a gravy train? Perhaps.