Evetech disaster. Don't ever buy from them.

Gimli

Bought graphics card from them that conked out 4 weeks later. They've had it now 'at the supplier' for nearly 4 weeks but can't give me cause and proposed resolution, or a date. I've mailed, called, been to the shop, no movement. A technician offered a refund which I accepted, his manager now doesn't honour. Never ever deal with these guys if you expect after sales service.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
LOL. So with how many threads with hundreds of unhappy customers people STILL support a company that built their success on grey imports. I can but laugh.

rubber_otter

Expert Member
Buy from stupid suppliers, win stupid prizes.

**** Evetech up the ass. YOu could swear they are owned by the Guptas. Everything they touch turns to ****.

Edit: Hey MyBB, you should write an article about Evetech's ineptitude.

akescpt

Honorary Master
prices are sometimes good but warranty squabbles? i think not.

R4ziel

Expert Member
Buy from stupid suppliers, win stupid prizes.

**** Evetech up the ass. YOu could swear they are owned by the Guptas. Everything they touch turns to ****.

Edit: Hey MyBB, you should write an article about Evetech's ineptitude.
I see these threads every now and then, and I honestly can't understand why though. Iv'e been buying from Evetech for quite some time now and every order i place with them gets handled quickly and correctly, and every product I bought from them works flawlessly.

They have made quite a couple of exceptions for me in the past when I needed to collect late or change a shipping address, they are always willing to assist.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
I see these threads every now and then, and I honestly can't understand why though. Iv'e been buying from Evetech for quite some time now and every order i place with them gets handled quickly and correctly, and every product I bought from them works flawlessly.

They have made quite a couple of exceptions for me in the past when I needed to collect late or change a shipping address, they are always willing to assist.
Four out of five Grade 4 children in SA cannot comprehend what they read, according to an international literacy study
R4ziel, in which grade are you now? I want to know for science.

xcaliber

Expert Member
Was the card used for mining?

Wasnt there an article that mining voids warranty?

The new terms and conditions for certain cards have exclusions for mining/

Bobbin

Executive Member
They replaced my GTX 970 a couple years ago no questions asked within 24-48 hours IIRC. I must have been lucky.

Could it be anything to do with crypto mining and short supply to replace from supplier? Although in that case not sure why the manager wouldn't refund - No matter in any case, 4 weeks without an answer/explanation (If OP did something wrong) or refund is simply unacceptable.

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
They replaced my GTX 970 a couple years ago no questions asked within 24-48 hours IIRC. I must have been lucky.

Could it be anything to do with crypto mining and short supply to replace from supplier? Although in that case not sure why the manager wouldn't refund - No matter in any case, 4 weeks without an answer/explanation (If OP did something wrong) or refund is simply unacceptable.
Refund -> comes from the stores bottom line.
Replace -> comes from the suppliers bottom line.

Gimli

Nothing to do with crypto mining. I didn't know they were dodgy Pakistani grey importing company. Thought it was good that they had a physical store near me. This is a gtx1060. Cost me a lot of money

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Nothing to do with crypto mining. I didn't know they were dodgy Pakistani grey importing company. Thought it was good that they had a physical store near me. This is a gtx1060. Cost me a lot of money
Drive there and demand an answer.

infscrtyrisk

Expert Member
Bought graphics card from them that conked out 4 weeks later. They've had it now 'at the supplier' for nearly 4 weeks but can't give me cause and proposed resolution, or a date. I've mailed, called, been to the shop, no movement. A technician offered a refund which I accepted, his manager now doesn't honour. Never ever deal with these guys if you expect after sales service.
It sounds to me like a problem with the supplier -- who are they?