FNB iPad 3 plans

Jan

Drifting in the black
So I asked FNB for an update on their iPad 3 plans... Specifically, "When?" and "How much?"

The feedback I received was "No comment."

Didn't think it warranted an article, but wanted to let ya'll know all the same.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Thanks. Keep us in the loop, will definitely want to know what their plans are with this.

Submolecule

I have a feeling they will announce something before the long weekend, they have to otherwise most early adopters of the new ipad will simply go to their closest apple retailer.

R13...

Honorary Master
I have a feeling they will announce something before the long weekend, they have to otherwise most early adopters of the new ipad will simply go to their closest apple retailer.
Well they aren't selling them to make money so it doesn't matter where you get it as long as you are an FNB customer with an iPad that's all the care they have.

Submolecule

Well they aren't selling them to make money so it doesn't matter where you get it as long as you are an FNB customer with an iPad that's all the care they have.

That is very true, I did not think about it that way.

noxibox

Honorary Master
They charge you a monthly banking fee, so they are making money from selling them.

The_Unnamed

WUD FTW
Silly question, which options do i pick?

Mobile Device Pricing Option
-OR-
Pay As You Use

koeks

Expert Member
Why 'o why dont they add the iPhone to the list. :p

+1...

the two giants (MTN and Vodacom) have exclusivity rights.. they decide what happens to the iphone... I was told when i went to get my new ipad that you can't buy the iphone4s for now, only MTN and Vodacom have them on contract for now....

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
Silly question, which options do i pick?

Mobile Device Pricing Option
-OR-
Pay As You Use

I chose the first one... :eek:

+1...

the two giants (MTN and Vodacom) have exclusivity rights.. they decide what happens to the iphone... I was told when i went to get my new ipad that you can't buy the iphone4s for now, only MTN and Vodacom have them on contract for now....

Hope this changes with the new iPhone[-]5[/-] whatever...

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
Still waiting for FNB to contact me regarding this. How long have you guys been waiting?

mm1za

Still waiting for FNB to contact me regarding this. How long have you guys been waiting?

Also still waiting, though got an sms informing me that my device has been ordered and that the courier company will contact me soon.

GreyBush

Executive Member
Also still waiting, though got an sms informing me that my device has been ordered and that the courier company will contact me soon.

They contacted me on Friday, delivery is today... :D

R13...

Honorary Master
When you order the iPad, the call centre guys warn you that the new iPad is not 3G but 4G. As if that's supposed to matter.