FNB iPad 3 plans

matewis

I see they adde the 64GB for R30 more than the 32GB.

Still waiting on the wifi only models though

DsBalsak

Any one know which number to phone as the call centre keeps giving me the wrong one

Choppie81

It's been a yes/no whether I should order or not and yesterday after reading this and thinking about the waiting list I decided to see if the iStore had any in stock. Lucky me got the 64GB wifi + 4G.

Belolrac

We cannot help you...

I ordered my IPAD 3 on 30 April 2012. Only ogt the message yesterday about no guarantee about delivery. So I called them and got put through to the courier, who had no idea what I was talking about. I then emailed them the following:

Good Day,

I have been waiting for a month for the delivery of my Ipad 3 device. I was one of the first customers to order this, but every time I call to find out about its delivery, I am told that you are out of stock. Do you not agree that it is unfair for you to be delivering to other customers when I ordered first.

I was called by Craig Joshua of your sales department and given Reference number SI2012050300632 to find out where my device is.

Please get back to me about this with some new feedback, other than “ it is out of our control”

Regards

Their Reply:

Dear Sir

Thank you for contacting FNB.

As a result of astonishing interest in the Smartphone/Tablet offer, we are experiencing high volumes of calls and orders. We do, however assure you that you will be contacted within the next few days.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused to you and appreciate your patience and understanding in this regard.
Regards

To which I replied:

Thank you for getting back to me on this. Please advise the person who will be calling me that here is how they can help me.

If the purpose of the call:
• is not to inform me that my device is going to be delivered the same day, they should not bother to call, and rather save me the trouble and submit a post about their poor service to HelloPeter themselves.
• is to tell me that “FNB cannot guarantee the delivery date... blah blah blah”, they should not bother to call, as I cannot guarantee that my response will be civil.

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

I don't think I'll hold my breath on this one.

Choppie81

They make you wait an extra month and guarantee you as a customer for 25 months and not just 24

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
I ordered my IPAD 3 on 30 April 2012. Only ogt the message yesterday about no guarantee about delivery. So I called them and got put through to the courier, who had no idea what I was talking about. I then emailed them the following:

Good Day,

I have been waiting for a month for the delivery of my Ipad 3 device. I was one of the first customers to order this, but every time I call to find out about its delivery, I am told that you are out of stock. Do you not agree that it is unfair for you to be delivering to other customers when I ordered first.

I was called by Craig Joshua of your sales department and given Reference number SI2012050300632 to find out where my device is.

Please get back to me about this with some new feedback, other than “ it is out of our control”

Regards

Their Reply:

Dear Sir

Thank you for contacting FNB.

As a result of astonishing interest in the Smartphone/Tablet offer, we are experiencing high volumes of calls and orders. We do, however assure you that you will be contacted within the next few days.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused to you and appreciate your patience and understanding in this regard.
Regards

To which I replied:

Thank you for getting back to me on this. Please advise the person who will be calling me that here is how they can help me.

If the purpose of the call:
• is not to inform me that my device is going to be delivered the same day, they should not bother to call, and rather save me the trouble and submit a post about their poor service to HelloPeter themselves.
• is to tell me that “FNB cannot guarantee the delivery date... blah blah blah”, they should not bother to call, as I cannot guarantee that my response will be civil.

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

I don't think I'll hold my breath on this one.

I waited pretty long too, but this is just absurd. Sad thing is I had to take mine back in (dead pixel) and now I wait again :/

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
You managed to see a dead pixel (singular) on that screen? I need new glasses....

Yep. You actually notice it very easily when you are reading off a white background and it's distracting. Also rather get it replaced so I have a faultless unit in case I want to sell it.

Choppie81

Now you had me paranoid. Made me scout my iPad with a magnifying glass :)

The_Unnamed

WUD FTW
I have just asked FNB to cancel my order. Will wait for them to get the Galaxy Note 10.1 or something :p.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Good god I'm p1ssed now. They sent my replacement iPad today. I get home and it's an iPad 2 :twisted:

Can these people do anything right???

Trubore

I ordered a 64gb 4g version last week Wednesday. Courier called, getting it tommorow, will see if it happens though...

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Still haven't received my "proper" replacement and apparently one has to be ordered from overseas. These people are so incompetent its difficult to comprehend. I have been in constant e-mail communication with a guy on that side and have been giving him a hard time - he has been pretty good but it is unfortunate that he gets let down by the rest of the staff.

The error was reported on Friday the 18th and I had no straight answer on how they were going to resolve my issue until this afternoon (and it still sounds iffy).

Never dealing with them again if I can help it.

Trubore

Still haven't received my "proper" replacement and apparently one has to be ordered from overseas. These people are so incompetent its difficult to comprehend. I have been in constant e-mail communication with a guy on that side and have been giving him a hard time - he has been pretty good but it is unfortunate that he gets let down by the rest of the staff.

The error was reported on Friday the 18th and I had no straight answer on how they were going to resolve my issue until this afternoon (and it still sounds iffy).

Never dealing with them again if I can help it.

Wow that's not nice. Try to arrange a temporary replacement you can use while you wait... Keep us updated...