PhireSide

Honorary Master
Down again in Sherwood. Whoever can't see that this is a huge problem is divorced from reality

Screenshot_2020-10-21-17-22-22-897_com.microsoft.emmx.jpg

Last edited:

thewusman

Expert Member
Up and down now every other minute. This has gone from bad to OMFG.

/Fernglen. Other people on our chat group reporting the same across multiple ISP’s.

FF social media person be like “everything is cool hang in there”.

Lol.

Reaper84

Expert Member
Dear Port Elizabeth Residents, we would like to assure you that we are dedicated to ensuring that you can enjoy a stable fibre connection and our technical teams are hard at work improving your experience. We are not currently experiencing an outage in your area, please make sure to report any connectivity issues to your ISP for further investigation. Our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences caused during this time.
You are so far removed from reality and what is happening with your network in PE that its scary.

Now you just pop up on this thread and lie about everything being OK in PE when you can see proof from post after post in here from customers on various ISPs that your network has major issues in PE

Frogfoot Fibre

Frogfoot Fibre Rep
Company Rep
Good day, the technicians have confirmed that there is an outage in your area. This has been reported and the teams are working on it with urgency. We apologise for the inconveniences caused.

Sig_ZA

It's on, no wait, it's off, no sorry, it's on, no off, no it's on again, wait, just gone off, hooray it's on again, oh it's off, or maybe it's on, who knows?

FlashSA

Executive Member
I've been in a Teams meeting since 9 and it hasn't dipped (touch wood)

EDIT: I wonder if the other "FTTH threads" on MyBB see as much downtime as we do in PE. Is this the norm with FTTH or are we just getting the short end of the stick?
Touch wood, East London is pretty stable. Currently 13ms ping to google.com

JohnStarr

Expert Member
I think it is because of an upgrade being performed.
That said, Frogfoot replaced my ONT yesterday and did a brief check before closing the call an hour later. An hour after that and the ONT started dropping every 5 minutes (significantly worse than once per day), and the SMSs started coming out.
This morning seems stable.