PhireSide

Honorary Master
The last ten days looks like a wild rollercoaster ride (server was turned off during the period between 03 and 04 Nov)

1604904800732.png

thewusman

Expert Member
I mean hell: you read the abysmal issues on this thread from Frogfoot customers in PE, across all ISP's, the smattering of canned "everything is awesome" responses from the forum FF rep and can only wonder who runs this company. Clearly it's a JV between Trump (CEO) and Kermit the Frog (Operations).

Leno

Expert Member
A little off topic but I saw this on my walk today in Summerstrand

Looks like PE is one of the landing stations:

IMG_2639.jpg

Last edited:

Fjorko

Expert Member
A little off topic but I saw this on my walk today in Summerstrand

Looks like PE is one of the landing stations:

View attachment 949646
Not even a 1000 gazillion MBps cable can make FF any better, even if they lay it all the way to their front door.

Today in two meetings I was literally listening to robots talking, and the MS teams alert bar at the top had a field day with all sorts of messages about my connection being poor.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Woke up 6AM...line dead again. ONT is all green, but on reboot everything works again. I am going to give up logging calls. It gets me nowhere.
SADV might be an option for next year unless someone convinces me otherwise?

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Woke up 6AM...line dead again. ONT is all green, but on reboot everything works again. I am going to give up logging calls. It gets me nowhere.
SADV might be an option for next year unless someone convinces me otherwise?
I know this is addressing a symptom and not the actual cause, but perhaps hook up the ONT power supply to a timer switch to get it to turn off and on again at 3 or 4 AM?

JohnStarr

Executive Member
I know this is addressing a symptom and not the actual cause, but perhaps hook up the ONT power supply to a timer switch to get it to turn off and on again at 3 or 4 AM?
To be honest, that's too much effort right now. Frogfoot need to fix the issue and address it properly (instead of saying: We see the line up, cheers!). Shouldn't be for me to band aid the installation. I am glad I am not the only one having the problem, but sheesh...I had less issues with Telkom over an 8 year period compared to Frogfoot over the past 3 weeks!

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Restarted my Frogfoot ONT twice, and my TP-Link WiFi router twice too in order to get going. It has become a norm here at home to do so in the morning. Wonderful service we are paying for.
I see we had some instability again early this morning

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Did a speed test as my wife was complaining about the performance of applications she had to access across a VPN.
Download: .44Mbps
Upload: .49Mbps

This on a 20/2 link! Restarted the ONT (THIRD time today) and speeds returned to normal. But there is apparently nothing wrong when Frogfoot are notified of this.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
33 minutes later and the speeds died again. Latency of 1795ms. Ookla speed test site didn't even load.
I've logged another, ANOTHER, call with my ISP (I do so daily now) asking them to check the line. They also need to get Frogfoot to do so.
This time around, no SMSs from Frogfoot stating a performance degradation like they did yesterday.

It's at least 10 minutes before the line speeds up again. We pay for this service which doesn't deliver.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
33 minutes later and the speeds died again. Latency of 1795ms. Ookla speed test site didn't even load.
I've logged another, ANOTHER, call with my ISP (I do so daily now) asking them to check the line. They also need to get Frogfoot to do so.
This time around, no SMSs from Frogfoot stating a performance degradation like they did yesterday.

It's at least 10 minutes before the line speeds up again. We pay for this service which doesn't deliver.
It sounds to me like your ONT is faulty or something. I think you should try and push your ISP to get Frogfoot Infra out to test and see if they can find an issue