Who do I contact to find out rollout dates in my section of Walmer?
 
Who do I contact to find out rollout dates in my section of Walmer?

Progress in Walmer doesn't seem to be happening. 13th Ave to the back of Walmer Park seems to be up and running. Perhaps Telkom decided Walmer was a bad idea, stopped expanding and finished what they started. The house I'm moving to this month is between 6th and 7th Ave, so I'm super bummed at the lack of progress.
 
Hello..anyone know when the fibre rollout in Pier Street in South End will be completed?
 
New MTN prices were released today - https://www.mtn.co.za/everyday_serv...home/fibretothehome/Pages/MTN-supersonic.aspx

Not bad since its the same upload/download speed!

Installation fee is nice too - R619 for installation (15m of trenching included) and R380 for the device

Only saw your post now. Holy cow, those prices are awesome!!

R799pm for 100Mbps line rental ain't too bad. 600GB with 1TB midnight data for R620pm is excellent though! 1.1TB with 2TB midnight data for R900pm is truly insane. The top up prices are great too.

Did not expect MTN coming out with prices like those. I think I would apply for their FTTH if they beat Telkom to my property (and I see that they're very close).
 
Telkom and MTN are both super close to my property. I'm on the right side of 8th Ave Walmer and they both have large parts of Walmer live on the left side of 8th (at least according to their coverage maps). Both have my address well within their planned zone.

After MTN's price cuts, whoever gets to me first will get an application.
 
Does anyone know if there's fibre in Springfield Road Charlo? Because someone dug up our pavement and I don't know who. Also, I checked telkom and MTNs coverage map but I'm not covered
 
Does anyone know if there's fibre in Springfield Road Charlo? Because someone dug up our pavement and I don't know who. Also, I checked telkom and MTNs coverage map but I'm not covered

That must be part of the Dark Fiber Africa I posted earlier. Its laid but not connected.
 
Still nothing down Mowbray street Newton Park FML

Cecil st here also waiting :)

What i find funny is the the golf course on the other side of Tech High has planned coverage (or is this just how they fill the gaps in the map?)
 
Lots of trench digging activity around Newton Park post office area and crossing Cape Road - seems like fibre installations to me ...
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X