Home-Connect ISP Feedback

wingnut771

Executive Member
I must admit that the experience was pleasant today. No issues experienced. The international speed tests are boggling though considering I don't have issues. HC ran a home network scan. They have all my info wrong.i only have 1 router so a single gateway yet they state I have more than 1 nat. Then they state I have a repeater on my lan. Instead my setup is a single Ubiquiti AP connecting to the router. Got a feeling they beating around the bush.
run tcpoptimizer then see what your single thread is like?

Bionic

Ran tcp opt. Same results. My system is useless on RD now. Got a mail from HC saying my internet is functioning very well and they can't guarantee international speeds. So basically they can't assist. I'm fed up now. I asked to speak to someone senior. If this is not resolved by this week then I'm moving elsewhere.

wingnut771

Executive Member
Ran tcp opt. Same results. My system is useless on RD now. Got a mail from HC saying my internet is functioning very well and they can't guarantee international speeds. So basically they can't assist. I'm fed up now. I asked to speak to someone senior. If this is not resolved by this week then I'm moving elsewhere.
clearly 0.33 indicates a problem:
i would suggest submitting cancellation and moving to an isp that has a brain and a presence here on the forums like cool ideas to help you deal with your metro problem.

Bionic

I was with cool ideas but had too much disruption in service. Real debrid used to play atleast. Was considering Websquad?

wingnut771

Executive Member
here's another from the pc (mac is limited due to tcp scaling) you can show your isp what international can do:

wingnut771

Executive Member
a bit more expensive but you can try premiumize.me instead of RD, as they are on cloudflare, so will be local for you which will mitigate the packetloss on your lastmile, packetloss has a big effect over international ping, not so much with local ping.

Bionic

So their team has asked to test international to the following servers.will test when I get home.

Vodafone UK

Google fibre

QTS Data Centers - London

QTS Data Center - New

Bionic

Tests are looking great including their specified locations. RD working like a boss. They asked to monitor for 3 days. If there is still a problem then I will certainly pick it up during these days.

Bionic

a bit more expensive but you can try premiumize.me instead of RD, as they are on cloudflare, so will be local for you which will mitigate the packetloss on your lastmile, packetloss has a big effect over international ping, not so much with local ping.
RD like one third less of the price. Didn't know it would be local on this network. Thanks

wingnut771

Executive Member
So their team has asked to test international to the following servers.will test when I get home.

Vodafone UK

Google fibre

QTS Data Centers - London

QTS Data Center - New
FYI:
coreix:

vodafone uk:

qts uk:

qts chicago:

wingnut771

Executive Member
RD like one third less of the price. Didn't know it would be local on this network. Thanks
that's why I haven't given them a shot yet, but another forumite mentioned they're on cloudflare, so it would download from local CDN down the drag in the same datacentre your ISP is. metro must have fixed something, encouraging to hear it's working and not having to deal with "we don't guarantee international" response. i would have told them to fly a kite with that response and cancelled there and then, what a cheek.

Bionic

that's why I haven't given them a shot yet, but another forumite mentioned they're on cloudflare, so it would download from local CDN down the drag in the same datacentre your ISP is. metro must have fixed something, encouraging to hear it's working and not having to deal with "we don't guarantee international" response. i would have told them to fly a kite with that response and cancelled there and then, what a cheek.
Spoke to soon. Unusable again.speeds very erratic. Will keep them in the loop daily. Hopefully they identify the cause. Thanks.

Jopie Fourie

Out of interest, on a 50/50MB line, my speedtest results average around 35-40MB down and about 40MB up. It remains about the same on local and international tests. But, the moment I download from a site like Rapidgator, I am lucky if I get 3MBps, but on average about 1-2MBps. What would be the cause of this?

wingnut771

Executive Member
Out of interest, on a 50/50MB line, my speedtest results average around 35-40MB down and about 40MB up. It remains about the same on local and international tests. But, the moment I download from a site like Rapidgator, I am lucky if I get 3MBps, but on average about 1-2MBps. What would be the cause of this?
what's single thread speedtest like?