rph72

Executive Member
Been with them for 18 months and in that time I never dealt with them, until I requested a line upgrade. Support in this instance was pathetic. Took them a week to do the upgrade. Their Android app is useless as well.

jun_tao

Expert Member
Been with them for almost 2 years.
No major issues, my area has a few line problems but that was with Vumatel.

sapr3.techie

Do not touch this ISP. Regularly, my service speeds have dropped from 200/200 mbps to 80/80. I have logged numerous tickets and tried to contact the contact number without resolve.

sapr3.techie

Great, just cancelled on the ISP web site. This is the response:
"
We have received your request to cancel your current service with Home-Connect.
Please expect further communication to whether your cancellation has been approved by our Operations Team."

I am so done with this ISP.

Ciferion

Anyone got their speed upgrade with Home-Connect and openserve? Checked mine its still on 10mb.

Ciferion

Ok called Home-Connect. Asked then to perform a port reset. After the reset and reboot of the devices I am now getting 25mbs :D

axsis

So I attempted to get fibre through Home Connect. Started the process before month end as was moving into a new place. I realise most of the issues encountered were with Octotel themselves but Home Connect doesn't seem to have any communication internally (or externally). In fact, I only found out things had been processed when I asked to be put through to cancellations. This was after getting pushed from pillar to post from Operations, Support, Sales etc. None of these people could properly advise what was going on. I received an Email from Robyn at 4:28pm yesterday basically advising I cancel my application. Unknown to me apparently the application was continued at 5:55pm, I did not receive any communication about this and while I was hopeful (hence phoning this morning to find out what was going on), I don't think it's useful if only the cancellation person knows what's going on. Utterly ridiculous and poor customer service. Sorry you guys dropped the ball and I'll waste my time going with another ISP, cancelled the application (as god forbid I have any actual issues to deal with, with you guys). I mean this really shouldn't be so complicated...Just communicate properly and update application notes...

SHANRSA

I have just subscribed to Home-Connect for a 100/100 line on a new Vumatel GPON network. I was a bit anxious and I must admit I would have preferred Cool Ideas or Afrihost but I got Home Connect's Feb 2021 special of a free installation and 3 months free subs. I found the team to be responsive, friendly and although you have to be persistent things do work. The 100/100 line is rock solid for now and I will update this as we go along but I am a happy camper at the moment.

IMG_0730.jpg

SHANRSA

Just an update on the above, the international speeds suffer seriously during peak hours so it appears that Home-Connect has not really solved the problem that this whole thread is dedicated to.

IMG_0765.jpg