nicklear

Router is already set to max in wifi settings. I tried downloading the app now and remove interference was greyed out, preumably it isn't seeing any.

I wonder if it's a case of the router being very new tech and my PCI wifi card being older tech and they not talking very well to each other? I have the https://www.d-link.co.za/for-home/dwa-582 which is AC (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11#802.11ac) so it's not super old.

Does sound in general that most people get on well with that router.

VettieOriginal

Router is already set to max in wifi settings. I tried downloading the app now and remove interference was greyed out, preumably it isn't seeing any.

I wonder if it's a case of the router being very new tech and my PCI wifi card being older tech and they not talking very well to each other? I have the https://www.d-link.co.za/for-home/dwa-582 which is AC (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11#802.11ac) so it's not super old.

Does sound in general that most people get on well with that router.
That is very weird, when you view the channel that your are currently using, is that the best signal? You will see bars from left to right indicating the best channel

Is these any thing like UPS ect that can affect you signal?

nicklear

Have tested both bands. 2.4GHz works a lot better.

And channel looks good according to Wifi Analyzer & the Huawei app. No UPS.

Not sure why it's happening. But I know from often keeping an eye on Task manager that it was better before so it will be easier to switch back.

VettieOriginal

Are you using the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi or the 5GHz band?
I use both

PS4 and Apple TV Run on 5gGHZ and i get about 60% of line speed (they are a distance away from router)

2.4GHZ i get about between 40-60% of line speed all depends on how many devices are intefering ect, with the Tenda i got a lot less

VettieOriginal

Not sure why it's happening. But I know from often keeping an eye on Task manager that it was better before so it will be easier to switch back.
For sure if it works it works XD

nicklear

Ideally I'd love to try a different wifi card - I have been seeing some problems lately with my computer - USB power not being enough, things like that, not sure if it's the motherboard or the PSU.

But yeah, Tenda seemed to suit me better for whatever reason, though it's good to know a lot of people are getting on well with the Huawei. When I was on 4G before, my B618 was awesome

Diesel44

Router software maybe? Did you update the software to the latest version?

Vegeta ZA

For the past two or so weeks I've been getting higher pings (from 5ms up to 45-75ms) between 7pm to 10pm every night.

Has anybody else been having this issue? Running on the Vodacom network.

Ipwn 4

Expert Member
Bought a house that already had Home Connect, line is paid for till then end of the month and I am trying to move it to my name and bump the speed.

Thus far they have been absolutely useless, empty promises and phones going unanswered.

Meister-Man

My lockdown bonus of 10 mbps, on top of my 10 mbps line is now gone. However I'm getting a solid 11.5 mbps.

xcaliber

Expert Member
****. Service is down and trying to get a hold of them for the past hour;

****ing useless ISP

Shpongle

Is anyone with Home connect in CPT Southern suburbs? Been slow as hell for the last two days, getting 2 megs down on a 100 meg line!

Retro1337

Is anyone with Home connect in CPT Southern suburbs? Been slow as hell for the last two days, getting 2 megs down on a 100 meg line!
HC apparently having issues with Frogfoot. But nothing seems to be happening. All they been saying for past 2 days is "Repair work is under way and will be resolved soon"

Last edited:

$m@Rt@$$

Expert Member
Yeah, issues in Cape Town. The whole garden route is dog slow all the way up to Port Elizabeth. Check the notifications page.

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
Yes, I've been battling as well. I tried live chat and they didn't want to respond to my query until I had downloaded their diagnostic app. When I try to download it I get a 'not available in your country' error from Google Play.

I asked Live Chat if there were any known issues and they can't say (it's just a messaging service)

Status page on Home Connect just spins

That is Home Connect on Frogfoot

Retro1337

Frogfoot have identified the issue and will be replacing the effected hardware in the morning - Home Connect System