MWEB Uncapped ADSL - Official Q & A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow access from KZN

Hi All,

For those in the KZN region (only KZN please) who have indicated they're experiencing slow access speeds, can you PM me the 1st 6 digits of the telephone number associated with your ADSL line. We need some specifics for Telkom to investigate.

MWB.
 
Hi All,

For those in the KZN region (only KZN please) who have indicated they're experiencing slow access speeds, can you PM me the 1st 6 digits of the telephone number associated with your ADSL line. We need some specifics for Telkom to investigate.

MWB.

My speed is back. Whatever the problem was has been fixed.
 
Don't be dumb yourself. Provide proof that all the ISPs mentioned, perform poorly for all the online games.

Use the MyConnectionPC program, running constant tests on each ISP for at least 1 month.

I would love to see the results.

The Answer is in there oh grand one just look.



I was using my telkom account from 12 last night and had the same problems at around that time, whilst trying to game.



Please confirm MWEB, the timeline expected for more gaming related uncapped packages.

My ping to Lindenlabs' Secondlife servers San Francisco, with DigiChilli, was always around 400-500, just as with telkom. Anything better than that will make me smile.

The Answer is in there oh grand one just look.
 
Hi MWEB,

Since about an hour ago, my line is flat lining at 64kbit/s. My uploads are running fine at 512kbit/s (give or take), downloads are a constant 64kbit/s. I'm in Bothasig, Milnerton (xxx-x58-9604)
 
Hi MWEB,

Since about an hour ago, my line is flat lining at 64kbit/s. My uploads are running fine at 512kbit/s (give or take), downloads are a constant 64kbit/s. I'm in Bothasig, Milnerton (xxx-x58-9604)
Hi savage,

This does sound rather strange.

I would suggest you turn off you router for a few min (3min) to allow your existing session to time out, then reconnect again. A new session profile will be created helping us to determine if this is in any way related to our network.

MWB.
 
I'm getting better latencies with mweb over what I had with telkom in WoW xD

Great! MWEB seems to be pulling ahead of the others now. Especially with them making an effort for the gamers. :D

The Answer is in there oh grand one just look.

Nope, I see your opinion, in the MWEB Q&A thread, about Axxess' service levels. You then mention the service levels of ISPs, that have vastly different infrastructure for their products.
 
Hi Mweb.

I signed up eaaarly this morning and I have not recieved any sms, or any phonecall. Even sent email with ID as wanted also regarding the details, but we have heard absolutly nothing.

Am I missing something as to how long it is suppose to take till you get your account? (Only applied for data usage) or is this normal?

-Jared.
 
To MWEB

I'm an existing MWeb customer who gets 5GB at 512k for R299 per month.

Since it would not cost more money to upgrade to 512k uncapped (R299), I received an email on 18 March saying that I would be upgraded automatically. I was under the impression that the upgrade would take effect from today (1st of the month) but my ADSL Usage page shows that I have 5GB for this month once again. I know of people who were automatically upgraded when the service went live.

Is it possible to find out when exactly I will be upgraded and is it possible to speed up this process as I don't think it would be fair to pay R299 for 5GB this month when uncapped is the same price. I noticed that the only capped options now are 1, 2 and 3GB anyway.

Thank you for this industry shaking service and hope to hear from you soon,
bbabraham

MWEB, I see you've been responding to questions but as of yet haven't responded to mine. Are you busy finding things out or is it not possible to find out?

Please excuse my impatience, I'm just really, really eager to enjoy the benefits of uncapped broadband!:)
 
Last edited:
Hi Mweb.

I signed up eaaarly this morning and I have not recieved any sms, or any phonecall. Even sent email with ID as wanted also regarding the details, but we have heard absolutly nothing.

Am I missing something as to how long it is suppose to take till you get your account? (Only applied for data usage) or is this normal?
Hi Eliphas

As per my post here ...

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...cial-Q-amp-A&p=3763050&viewfull=1#post3763050

I'm sure you will be contacted as soon as is physically possible.

MWB.
 
MWEB, I see you've been responding to questions but as of yet haven't responded to mine.
Hi bbabraham,

For some responses (like yours) I require feedback/action from other depts. As soon as I have a reply I will respond.

MWB.
 
maybe this is not a good idea :D , but would people here be prepared to share how much you have downloaded in what period of time? also your line speed would help :) If you could also specify if you do your downloading during the day/after hours.

Im just trying to get a feel of how "forgiving" MWEB are compared to Afrihost... I HAD the Afrihost account, cancelled that since the new cap thing came up in the T&C's

much appreciated
 
Mweb really have a retarded billing system. Because their "pro-rata" is in fact not pro-rata there are only two worthwhile days to sign up for their service. They first of the month and mid month. So in effect they screw over their sales department and customers. (I heard Im getting charged half month for less than 12 hours of service because I signed up the 31st of last month.)
 
Mweb really have a retarded billing system. Because their "pro-rata" is in fact not pro-rata there are only two days to sign up for their service. They first of the month and mid month. So in effect they screw over their sales department and customers. (I heard Im getting charged half month for less than 12 hours of service because I signed up the 31st of last month.)

So why not just wait the 12hours then:) and you wont get screwed over.
 
So why not just wait the 12hours then:) and you wont get screwed over.

Because I obviously didnt know. Everyone is getting screwed with their system (support,sales and users). Because everyone waits for today to sign up! The lady told me" pro-rata billing just let us activate it now".
 
Because I obviously didnt know. Everyone is getting screwed with their system (support,sales and users). Because everyone waits for today to sign up! The lady told me" pro-rata billing just let us activate it now".

I agree, this should be made more prominent on the sign up page, or changed to reflect "you're being charged X for Y remaining days in March..."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X