Need advice on Business Internet Solution

TheRedBar0n

Hi guys,

The company I work for currently has a setup with Mweb, 4mbps adsl, uncapped and unshaped.

But with about 60 staff members, the line is starting to struggle abit, since more and more of our work is moving to web-based.

Through our Sonicwall Firewall we router http traffic over adsl and mails through our wireless failover, and even implemented bandwidth QOS\Prioritisation for work related sites.

The body corporate is ridiculously strict and won't allow fibre, and the exchange cannot go more than 4mbps. :mad:

So I started looking into these options:

• 2 lines up to 8mbps (bonded adsl from Mweb, never tried bonded adsl before) basically double the price
  • VDSL (our exchange doesn't support this yet)
  • Neotel Microwave Link 5mbps, almost triple the price of our current setup, but synchronous speeds.

I'll really appreciate some light on these products, who has already implemented them, maybe better options? :D

PsyWulf

Executive Member
Synchronous while nice would be overkill,seeing as your downlink seems to be your issue. I would implement a caching proxy server (transparent) and get 3 ADSL lines and accounts load balanced by the proxy

fragtion

Expert Member
Synchronous while nice would be overkill,seeing as your downlink seems to be your issue. I would implement a caching proxy server (transparent) and get 3 ADSL lines and accounts load balanced by the proxy
+1 to Squid. Cache size at least 120GB... better off with like 250-500GB cache. And then yeah, fatter pipe or, round robin Load-balancing over multiple links