New Webafrica Network Migration

B3ns

Yeah i have a 100/50 line and here are my speeds, not happy with the change over at all :(

B3ns

yeah i see, must be a problem across all WA networks or something. When i use the openserve test account details speeds are 100%

Pure_Acid

You are still on the old network. Your ISP should show WEB-AFRICA-NETWORKS if you are on the new network.
Not sure cavedog, i got an email on Friday that i have been moved over from Web Africa, my line dropped and everything like that explained it would.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Not sure cavedog, i got an email on Friday that i have been moved over from Web Africa, my line dropped and everything like that explained it would.
I was actually quoting B3ns. You are on the new network.

WebAfrica Helper

Web Africa representative
Would this in any way make it possible for your entry level fiber package users not to get FUP'ed? Will the new "shiny" network allow a user to download a series on Netflix and then not experience broken ADSL speeds for the rest of the month?
Good Morning @Veck

The only Fair Use Policy applied would be specific to Openserve connections - the moment all our awesome clients are on our new shiny network ;-) - our FUP will go into a review (cannot comment just yet )* and we will let you know every required detail.
Every client receives an email update before their connection migration takes place. Keep your eyes peeled for updates ;-)

Last edited:

WebAfrica Helper

Just a few questions I have on the migration:

How many clients are being switched over per batch?
Will the migration change our packages in any way, like Shaped or unthrottled?
Good Morning @Flamer283

All our valued customers are updated before their specific migration to the new network takes place. All details of their migration will be mentioned in this email

The number of client migrations per batch does vary, we are doing these migrations one OLT at a time. Based on our existing migration batches there may be some overlapping of suburbs.

So far we did migrate the Parklands OLT ;-)

WebAfrica Helper

Friendly reminder for all who have FUP inquiries with regards to our shiny new network ;-)

The first 2 batches were 160 and a little over 400. The batches will get bigger now that we have some traffic volume flowing.

Here is a look at the usage:
View attachment 672877

On the FUP question for our Openserve products, I can't comment now... but watch this space. We have some great plans we are working on![/QUOTE]

WebAfrica Helper

I have had constant good speeds on my 10 Mbps fiber and hope the change does not decrease my perfect speeds of 9.5-10.0 down and 9.5-10.0 up.
On our new shiny network already - Woohoo! :giggle:

Performance consistency :sneaky: - GREAT speed test results for 10Mbps line :thumbsup:

Keep us posted

Attachments

WebAfrica Helper

I can not say that i am delighted by this change over...

200mb/200mb line with web africa / frogfoot parklands area.......

How is this even a thing :(

Moring @Pure_Acid

To allow us to help with this - please DM your profile details, we see the speed test result Host is Bloemfontein - would need to check this out as soon as possible.

On standby to get this is sorted. Thanks a mil for your feedback ;-)

WebAfrica Helper

yeah i see, must be a problem across all WA networks or something. When i use the openserve test account details speeds are 100%
We would still like to help - please confirm your profile details via DM to allow us to further investigate and ensure all required support asap today

You will receive direct comms from us, once your OLT has been successfully migrated to the new network

WebAfrica Helper

Interesting,:unsure: please confirm your profile details. Techs will further investigate and support to resolve asap :thumbsup:

WebAfrica Helper

Any details on your new network - what peering partners, etc.
We are in Teraco in all three regions. We are looking to get as much traffic as possible via all 3 NAPAfrica networks.
Anything not available there will go via Liquid Telecom.

WebAfrica Helper

seems like its primarily echotel which then has all the other peering

We are in Teraco in all three regions. We are looking to get as much traffic as possible via all 3 NAPAfrica networks.
Anything not available there will go via Liquid Telecom.