New Webafrica Network Migration

Jase

Executive Member
Thanks guys.

Looks like this is something specific to my account then.
Howdy, I was having issues as well on my 20/10 via Openserve and opened a ticket. The response was slow until I sent WebAfrica Helper a message. It was sorted quickly after that.

IIRC the issue had something to do with my profile during the migration.

So far things seem to be normal (Since the 29th July).

Rubilac

Shocking result if you ask me. for the passed 2 weeks its been a nightmare in the evenings.
Im on a 100/100 WA FTTH Pro account.

Attachments

onslauth

Why Vodaphone? Always a bad result. It’s handed over by Vodacom peering in SA. So not a true reflection of any ISP’s transit.
WebSquad - It was one that I had used before that I knew used to get more than 50Mbit/s. However currently, I can choose any non-local SpeedTest server, and the results are the same, always below 10mbit/s, normally not even managing to beat 5mbit/s.

I've also setup iperf servers both locally and overseas, and local I get full 100Mbit/s, overseas it barely breaks 10Mbit/s.

Cork Internet Exchange:

Amsterdam ( fdcservers.net ):

If you provide me with an overseas server that you use that gets fullspeed, I will test that too and post the results.

As @Rubilac said, we are both on 100/100 uncapped accounts, and we are getting absolutely abysmal speeds international.

zerocool2009

Expert Member
Think twice before moving to WebAfrica (as new or existing)

Double billing
Very poor support service
Once you order, they smile and their service levels drops (as in a brick downwards)

MisterV

Good evening!
I am talking on behalf of a friend, He is currently with webafrica, and he has this problem related to VoIP applications such as Teamspeak and Discord. When we are with him on Discord or Teamspeak, he will all of a sudden not hear us, like his sound gets cut off. He is still able to see that we are talking with the green ring and blue light voice indicators in Discord and Teamspeak respectively, meaning he doesn't loose connection to the channel. To fix this he will disconnect from the channel and join again, then he will be able to hear us again. We are all on different ISP's and we dont have this issue. It only happens with VoIP related applications.
If anyone else has this issue please let me know, and if you haven't figured out the issue, lets bring this under Webafrica's attention