New Webafrica Network Migration

wingnut771

Executive Member
Correct, but you can only get 5 stars and a unshaped service if you have been good :)
They said they are getting rid of the FUP, they probably should of said they are adjusting it ?
yeah, i think that is part of their legacy system, i would assume it would just stay on 5 stars regardless.

Jase

Executive Member
Before I got the email stating that the FUP has been removed, I used to get a star rating.

Now it just gives me daily usage with no limits. The star rating is gone.

Attachments

cavedog

Honorary Master
I see Webafrica has dropped price or lets say adjusted prices on Openserve and now just Uncapped with FUP and Uncapped premium with no FUP but the No FUP uncapped is SOOOOOOOOO much cheaper. R1539 for Openserve 200/100 Premium with NO FUP.

Wow that is pretty decent actually. ISP's are scrambling for Openserve fibre clients by the looks of it.

MisterV

I see Webafrica has dropped price or lets say adjusted prices on Openserve and now just Uncapped with FUP and Uncapped premium with no FUP but the No FUP uncapped is SOOOOOOOOO much cheaper. R1539 for Openserve 200/100 Premium with NO FUP.

Wow that is pretty decent actually. ISP's are scrambling for Openserve fibre clients by the looks of it.
i can not agree more !

wingnut771

Executive Member

i guess they got to make it cheap as it doesn't work :ROFL:

cavedog

Honorary Master
one can't win.
With any business. They are there to make money not lose money to give you the best possible stuff for cheap. Openserve is still pretty decent. I still get 200Mbps all the time even if I maxed my line 24/7 so they do manage their network pretty well. I think this " up to" will only come into effect when they have to spend a lot of money to upgrade OLTs or something then they might play the "Up to" or "Best effort" card

Honeycomb

I'm wondering if WebAfrica regards the problems that we've been having in Cape Town as "fixed". After what I wrote previously, I've been experiencing very variable streaming quality, with tonight being quite poor. Maybe it's perfect for everyone else, but I'm at my wits end about this and I'm beginning to think about moving to another ISP.

wingnut771

Executive Member
With any business. They are there to make money not lose money to give you the best possible stuff for cheap. Openserve is still pretty decent. I still get 200Mbps all the time even if I maxed my line 24/7 so they do manage their network pretty well. I think this " up to" will only come into effect when they have to spend a lot of money to upgrade OLTs or something then they might play the "Up to" or "Best effort" card
maybe supersonic should adopt that so you couldn't complain.

cavedog

Honorary Master
maybe supersonic should adopt that so you couldn't complain.
I'm over Supersonic to be honest. They are clueless. Can't see IPC congestion issues even if a client shows and proves it to them.

Afrihost is surprisingly so much better and now I see Webafrica dropped the FUP for such a decent price too. They are pretty decent too.

wingnut771

Executive Member
I'm over Supersonic to be honest. They are clueless. Can't see IPC congestion issues even if a client shows and proves it to them.

Afrihost is surprisingly so much better and now I see Webafrica dropped the FUP for such a decent price too. They are pretty decent too.
until their ipc gets congested then they say, 'up to" best effort, one can't win.

Marsie27

Anyone on a capped WA/Openserve package been notified of the drop in uncapped pricing? It looks like WA/Openserve aren't offering capped packages any more, unless I am missing something?

Hypnza

And my "100meg" fiber international throughput's just gone down the toilet again: