New Webafrica Network Migration

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Hi All

A sincere apology for the silence, there have been some network alterations/updates made to the network
(thank you all for helping) since its launch, to further ensure all have an improved connection performance. Thank you so much, to those on this thread that have assisted us in further isolating their connection issues via DM, we appreciate your efforts and assistance to work out the reported issues discussed on the confirmed ticket references mentioned via DM.

Along the way - we had some teething problems, all of which we are either working on as we speak - and in some cases resolved already. We assure you... Gosh! it has been a REAL experience (in good ways of course :thumbsup:). Based on feedback we can, without a doubt confirm that the network migration has provided an improved general connection performance.

We're not in the business of making any excuses -so please, do continue to provide your feedback, as it does help us to improve and pinpoint where the issues are and get this working for all, with no further delays.

To allow us to help with any existing issue - please DM us with any inquiry related ticket reference, we have the senior technical squad on standby to assist, make contact to discuss and isolate to resolve as fast as possible

As for any comments on this thread - we will make sure there is a response here, going forward

Thanks a mil in advance :)
Were there issues with International speed/latency?

WebAfrica Helper

Web Africa representative
Hi @MightyQuin

With the migration there were no specific issues with regards to any latency or speed to international destinations from our network, however, we did detect a minor glitch on our Cape Town IPC links, which were causing some isolated issues of latency/speed anomalies to some (not many) Openserve customers in Cape Town.
This has since been rectified and we're not seeing any other issues across the network nationally.

Hypnza

Thank you so much, to those on this thread that have assisted us in further isolating their connection issues via DM, we appreciate your efforts and assistance to work out the reported issues discussed on the confirmed ticket references mentioned via DM.
Not really sure why "their" is underlined... maybe I'm nitpicking but these seem very much to have been "your" issues, not ours.

I didn't vote for, or opt-in to, the network change - it was just forced upon me with no option even to cancel my account in time. I've paid for a full month service had at least 10 days and 1 evening of unacceptable connectivity... for what, increased FUP?

I'm so glad I could pay you, only to help you debug your own network, that I'll no longer be part of - you've really done right by your customers (not). Couldn't even given us decent feedback or progress updates.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Hi @MightyQuin

With the migration there were no specific issues with regards to any latency or speed to international destinations from our network, however, we did detect a minor glitch on our Cape Town IPC links, which were causing some isolated issues of latency/speed anomalies to some (not many) Openserve customers in Cape Town.
This has since been rectified and we're not seeing any other issues across the network nationally.
Last night I was doing speedtests to various servers and hitting 1 or 2Mb on a 100Mb line...local tests were the normal 95Mb - 97Mb speeds.

WebAfrica Helper

Not really sure why "their" is underlined... maybe I'm nitpicking but these seem very much to have been "your" issues, not ours.

I didn't vote for, or opt-in to, the network change - it was just forced upon me with no option even to cancel my account in time. I've paid for a full month service had at least 10 days and 1 evening of unacceptable connectivity... for what, increased FUP?

I'm so glad I could pay you, only to help you debug your own network, that I'll no longer be part of - you've really done right by your customers (not). Couldn't even given us decent feedback or progress updates.
Hi @Hypnza

We have reported your feedback to the service delivery managers - the network migration had some teething issues - of which we worked on a case by case basis, to resolve as best we could.
This thread was created to ensure feedback from our clients, to detail their experiences with on the new network and monitor whether there would be any issues from an end-user perspective.
Our FUP system is going through some really exciting changes for the better - mailers to follow within the next few weeks to advise accordingly.

WebAfrica Helper

Last night I was doing speedtests to various servers and hitting 1 or 2Mb on a 100Mb line...local tests were the normal 95Mb - 97Mb speeds.
@MightyQuin

Could you please send copies of those test results to support@webafrica.co.za and kindly confirm the ticket ref# via DM, if you don't have them please re-test and email us - so we can take a look for you.
It may be an isolated issue with congestion at the FNO/DSL level in your area. From a network-level however, we're not seeing any speed or latency issues at this stage and in fact, we're seeing a much-improved throughput and latency in general, compared to the previous network.

Joker

Expert Member
I have sent a report through to support@webafrica.co.za

But still having issues on my Openserve 200mb line (Cape Town, Southern Suburbs)

Webafrica

Switching to an Afrihost prepaid account

RazorCPT

Hi All

A sincere apology for the silence here, there have been some network alterations/updates made to the network
(thank you all for helping) since its launch, to further ensure all have an improved connection performance. Thank you so much, to those on this thread that have assisted us in further isolating their connection issues via DM, we appreciate your efforts and assistance to work out the reported issues discussed on the confirmed ticket references mentioned via DM.

Along the way - we had some teething problems, all of which we are either working on as we speak - and in some cases resolved already. We assure you... Gosh! it has been a REAL experience (in good ways of course :thumbsup:). Based on feedback we can, without a doubt confirm that the network migration has provided an improved general connection performance.

We're not in the business of making any excuses -so please, do continue to provide your feedback, as it does help us to improve and pinpoint where the issues are and get this working for all, with no further delays.

To allow us to help with any existing issue - please DM us with any inquiry related ticket reference, we have the senior technical squad on standby to assist, make contact to discuss and isolate to resolve as fast as possible

As for any comments on this thread - we will make sure there is a response here, going forward

Thanks a mil in advance :)
Too little too late I'm afraid. Network issues are one thing; going completely silent on a thread you started specifically to assist and hear feedback on said network is not only a joke it's completely unacceptable and unfair to the customers that have always supported you. Real pity actually, I was really excited to try out your new network.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Too little too late I'm afraid. Network issues are one thing; going completely silent on a thread you started specifically to assist and hear feedback on said network is not only a joke it's completely unacceptable and unfair to the customers that have always supported you. Real pity actually, I was really excited to try out your new network.
You've posted 3 times in this thread and you are not even a WA customer.

The only reason you jumped in here, was because you "were shopping for a new ISP".

Now you suddenly want to throw your weight around and speak on actual WA customer's behalf?? Acting all outraged and offended. You epitomize the kind of clients no one wants in the first place.

Information for you.png

cavedog

Honorary Master

The only reason you jumped in here, was because you "were shopping for a new ISP".

Now you suddenly want to throw your weight around and speak on actual WA customer's behalf?? Acting all outraged and offended. You epitomize the kind of clients no one wants in the first place.

View attachment 686239

:laugh:

RazorCPT

View attachment 686239
Lol. Sorry I offended you :thumbsup:

WebAfrica Helper

I have sent a report through to support@webafrica.co.za

But still having issues on my Openserve 200mb line (Cape Town, Southern Suburbs)

Webafrica

Switching to an Afrihost prepaid account
Please confirm your ticket reference via DM - will have the ticket and the information logged on the ticket - escalated for investigation and response asap today

WebAfrica Helper

View attachment 686239
We want to ensure support for all, for those who are with us or without - thank you for your response :thumbsup:

@RazorCPT - Again apologies - for any required help - we are here for you via DM, if ever required

Veck

so being a loyal WebAfrica customer seems to get you a " entirely unshaped, unrestricted and unlimited" service, according to the Email received. Now what i would like to ask is, why then do i get a rating out of 5 stars on my usage? 5 stars meaning im a good boy and 1 star means i have been naughty and now certain services will be made slower due to my unjust behavior. Let me say that again, certain services will be made slower than others. Almost sounds like shaping, doesnt it >_>
Star Rating.png

wingnut771

Executive Member
so being a loyal WebAfrica customer seems to get you a " entirely unshaped, unrestricted and unlimited" service, according to the SMS received. Now what i would like to ask is, why then do i get a rating out of 5 stars on my usage? 5 stars meaning im a good boy and 1 star means i have been naughty and now certain services will be made slower due to my unjust behavior. Let me say that again, certain services will be made slower than others. Almost sounds like shaping, doesnt it >_>
View attachment 687535
my logical brain says 5 stars is unshaped.

Veck

my logical brain says 5 stars is unshaped.
Correct, but you can only get 5 stars and a unshaped service if you have been good :)
They said they are getting rid of the FUP, they probably should of said they are adjusting it ?