New Webafrica Network Migration

MisterV

Good Morning @Veck

The only Fair Use Policy applied would be specific to Openserve connections - the moment all our awesome clients are on our new shiny network ;-) - our FUP will go into a review (cannot comment just yet )* and we will let you know every required detail.
Every client receives an email update before their connection migration takes place. Keep your eyes peeled for updates ;-)
Thank you for the feedback! I am not a customer but one of my friends on Openserve is. I will be sure to keep a eye out for any changes whether it is good or bad. I might just be a potential customer, who knows ;)

Congratulations on the company evolving into something independent, I do hope all goes as planned.

WebAfrica Helper

Web Africa representative
Thank you for the feedback! I am not a customer but one of my friends on Openserve is. I will be sure to keep a eye out for any changes whether it is good or bad. I might just be a potential customer, who knows ;)

Congratulations on the company evolving into something independent, I do hope all goes as planned.
Most appreciated :thumbsup:

WebAfrica Helper

Update:

:thumbsup:: We are migrating our Octotel clients over to our shiny new network today :)

Areas include:
  • Cape Town CBD
  • Oranjezicht
  • Vredehoek
  • Devils Peak
  • Gardens
  • Zonnebloem
Should your internet not return - Please reboot your router.

Last edited:

Nigel_L

Update:

:thumbsup:: We are migrating our Octotel clients over to our shiny new network today (19.6.2019) between 11:00 am - 11:30 am :)
An email warning that this was going to happen would have saved me a lot of time trying to work out why my network suddenly went down :mad:

WebAfrica Helper

@WebAfrica Helper - Will Openserve customers also be migrated? In Milnerton.
All our customers will be migrated over to our new network ASAP.
We are doing these migrations one OLT, area and infrastructure provider at a time, to make sure our customers have minimal connection downtime (10min max) or even better - none at all ;)

WebAfrica Helper

An email warning that this was going to happen would have saved me a lot of time trying to work out why my network suddenly went down :mad:
Thank you for your comment @Nigel_L, we will and should do better on the comms side. We have had some blog posts, as well as updated our network status page but completely agree that a more direct communication strategy is in order.
We will ensure internal action toward improvements immediately. In fact, we have already begun emailing clients directly - batch by batch as the migrations are implemented on specific connections

We have done everything in our power to ensure that this migration is as seamless as possible, requiring no user changes.
If required, please restart your router - your connection should be restored and provide an improved connection experience.

Thanks again for your feedback

SoftDev

Hello WebAfrica, so will this move resolve the slow speeds that I have been experiencing in the evenings since 28th March? I have logged many tickets (ID 555282/567372) for this ongoing problem and Warran has been asigned to this problem.

WebAfrica Helper

Hello WebAfrica, so will this move resolve the slow speeds that I have been experiencing in the evenings since 28th March? I have logged many tickets (ID 555282/567372) for this ongoing problem and Warran has been asigned to this problem.
Morning

Updated the senior tech with your comment on this thread. Tech confirms updating you last night with regards to when your specific connection will be migrated to our new network.
This network migration is all in aid of improved connection performance.

WebAfrica Helper

what does this even mean? WA is still using the underlying fibre network providers - can you be specific about what is shiny and what is new?
Hi @dominic

Shiny and new to us because:
  • it's an independent network (Vendor-neutral)
  • It is also a network that provides the integration of advanced networks and cloud computing services.
  • Improved network capacity for data traffic
  • Yes, we are still using fibre infrastructure to ensure each property has the fibre service they pay for (each area has specific fibre infrastructure installers) :) - this new network, however, assist with ensuring decreased congestions with data flow for peak and offpeak time frames..and so much more.
  • Like, fewer network issues, faster speeds, as well as faster detection, isolation, and resolution of any network issues that do pop up much faster than before.
  • Our new shiny network also assist with way more control of the connections on the network at any given time
PS: The fibre infrastructure providers install the hardware (splicing and installation etc) - Webafrica and its new shiny network will see to the rest ;)

Salkio

My speeds in Constantia have not changed yet? Should i be expecting a faster speed? should be 200/200
Screenshot_1.png

Flamer283

My speeds in Constantia have not changed yet? Should i be expecting a faster speed? should be 200/200
View attachment 674959
You are on the new network. Do you have any previous speed test to compare? I'm curious on the ping, looks the ping on all the speedtest of the network have increased quite a bit.

Salkio

You are on the new network. Do you have any previous speed test to compare? I'm curious on the ping, looks the ping on all the speedtest of the network have increased quite a bit.
I have viewed my results and they are similar to one and other. What is the purpose of this "new network"

Grubscrew

Expert Member
Well my capped account is being shapped. Can't use YouTube after 18:00, but if I switch to my free 1gb afrihost account YouTube just works fine. Been like this now for atleast a week.

WebAfrica Helper

View attachment 674959
Morning @Salkio

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Please, DM your inquiry related ticket ref# including the previous connection speed test results on the IS network to allow us to compare, investigate and advise accordingly.

On standby via DM for your ticket ref#

Thanks again.

Webafrica

WebAfrica Helper

I have viewed my results and they are similar to one and other. What is the purpose of this "new network"
We will gladly further investigate the moment we have your inquiry ticket ref# that has the IS network test results via DM - Thanks again :)