Official Tri-Nations 2011 Thread

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
My choice of Wallabies as WC favourites has been vindicated!* ;)

*Note: Before some chop says I am supporting the Aussies, it is just who I think is the strongest team going into the WC. That's different from support.

Abe

Expert Member
20 - 3 to the Wallabies. Great stuff!
That was because of Thomson. 17 - 5 to the AB's after Thomson went off.

I think that the AB's messed up with their substitutions in the second half. Replacements lost them the advantage on a number of occasions. If I was Henry, that would be a concern to me. Don't write off the AB's. I wouldn't read too much into this result.

dal2000

Expert Member
My choice of Wallabies as WC favourites has been vindicated!* ;)

*Note: Before some chop says I am supporting the Aussies, it is just who I think is the strongest team going into the WC. That's different from support.
Nothing wrong with supporting the Wallabies. Don't ride with the common train :)

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
Nothing wrong with supporting the Wallabies. Don't ride with the common train :)
I support the Wallabies as my 2nd team. It will be rather awkward if they are both in the final :eek: ... but I'll support the Bokke then! My only affiliation to Aussie land is I was born there, but I only stayed there for a year - I've been in SA for 98% of my entire life or so. I really like the Aussie style of play as well, I'm a sucker of how the Reds played this year! :D

Ronjay

Expert Member
Well, since the teams that won the Tri-nations in the WC year have never won a WC, and considering the rugby that the Boks are playing at the moment, does this mean that NZ are going to win the WC?:crying:

McT

The Humble Scot!
I called this win in my Super Bru prediction. Was a good game.

So what, if anything, does it mean for the AB's in the RWC?

Pixual

Expert Member
I called this win in my Super Bru prediction. Was a good game.

So what, if anything, does it mean for the AB's in the RWC?
That they will be having more than just a week of national mourning when they crash out again?

Smart teams don't play their best games before the WC. Don't write off France, England or Argentina. Or even one of the island nations.

BobsLawnService

Expert Member
Is anyone going to comment on what an awesome fight back that was from the All Blacks? The fact that at half time they can re-evaluate their game plan and shut another team out like that while scoring shows that they are a class team. Congrats to to Aussies though.

Also the All Black scrum was huge. They just steam rollered the Wallabies.

I think this world cup is wide open. Any of the top teams can beat any other one on the day. I'm especially looking forward to seeing what the Argentinians being to the competition.

sand_man

Honorary Master
I think this world cup is wide open. Any of the top teams can beat any other one on the day. I'm especially looking forward to seeing what the Argentinians being to the competition.
Argentina will do well to qualify for the knockout stages. They got England and Scotland in their pool neither of which will be a push over. Then, should they make the quarters, they'll most likely meet NZ and that is where their world cup campaign will end...

You say the world cup is wide open but really there are only 4 or 5 teams likely to win it, this year and since the competitions inception in 1987.

I don't see any of the European teams making it to the final...

MickeyD

RIP
Here's the best part... it was a Saffer!

SANZAR Judicial Officer, Advocate Jannie Lubbe SC, reviewed video footage of the incident. He also heard evidence from the player and Australian coach Robbie Deans and submissions by Cooper's legal counsel.

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
I'm especially looking forward to seeing what the Argentinians being to the competition.
You and me both - I love Argentina and if I were the type of person to have a second team, they would be it. I really enjoyed them the last two world cups. I hope they do well this time round.

Abe

Expert Member
http://www.supersport.com/rugby/tri-nations/news/110828/Cooper_dodges_World_Cup_bullet

Cooper knees Richie in the face and gets away with it. Had that been Schalk or Bakkies they would probably be banned for 4-6 weeks.
That was a shocking decision. There is no doubt he did it on purpose. He looked down at RM just before he "stood" up. I am sure the guy adjudicating didn't want to be seen as someone responsible for messing up the Aus WC. I am sure that pretty much any other player would have been nailed for it.

Last edited:

Pixual

Expert Member
Given the opportunity I am sure many people would like to put some beef into cheat McCaw's face. Good on ya, Coops.