Please Rate Afrihost

Rate Afrihost, based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 264 51.7%
  • Good

Votes: 150 29.4%
  • Fair

Votes: 38 7.4%
  • Poor

Votes: 20 3.9%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 39 7.6%

• Total voters

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
Speeds are generally good. Ability to change packages at any time is nice.
Would be even better if line speed changes could effect immediately and not at mid night/next day

Hey khatani, thanks for the feedback. I really understand your concern, we'll discuss this with our developers to find possible solutions.

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
It's all good until you have trouble and need their help. So any improvement on that would bump up my rating from good to excellent.

I haven't had issues for a long time though, so no complaints at the moment.

Hey mr_norris,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for voting.:)

JohanHF

Despite the pain and struggle with the Rain LTE I had with Afrihost, they were there to try and help. Love the move to fibre so far! Oh and the WhatsApp support!

cavedog

Honorary Master
Worst ISP. They changed the OTP system locked me out and 1 debit failed. Suddenly I had to send a colour photo of me holding my ID. Bank statements. Photos of my cards. I won't even send this to my family members so how am I going to feel comfortable sending it to an ISP. At the end Afrihost has blocked my ID number for ever using their service again. Awwww well I guess it was a blessing in disguise.

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep

kfc4unme

Probably a silly suggestion, but please change your OTP for the website to a 4 digit pin. You SMS an OTP that is long and mixed with digits and characters which can be hard to remember, and I never know if I need to worry about uppercase etc.

I would think 4 digits is sufficient.

rustymh

Great ISP but not the best value at the moment as before. Their hosting features can improve as well.

WOT

I have never seen such dismissal service and laborious red-tape in my life.
Accounts@afrihost.com it is impossible to get a single point of contact. Each service respondent is freshly clueless as if email trails are deliberately deleted to create an impossible string of pointless conversations. Even MS Outlook can function as an epically more effective CRM system than the ticketing Web with each new service attempt. Painful

carolbyett

service response is not awesome anymore - rather sad, and now looking at other ISP's for better costing options

carolbyett

I have never seen such dismissal service and laborious red-tape in my life.
Accounts@afrihost.com it is impossible to get a single point of contact. Each service respondent is freshly clueless as if email trails are deliberately deleted to create an impossible string of pointless conversations. Even MS Outlook can function as an epically more effective CRM system than the ticketing Web with each new service attempt. Painful

Agreed! Never used to be like this ...

need attention

Their support is sometimes lacking -i have twice had a problem and they never called back even though the problem was resolved at least call to say we are aware of a problem and are working on it

need attention

Their support is sometimes lacking -they can at least call and confirm they have a problem and it will be resolved

helkern

Very happy with afrihost. The R399 8mbps deal with Openserve fibre is brilliant. I like the whatsapp and call back support features that they have. The internet did die on me for about 30 minutes once in the 6 or so months. But so far so good.